St Mark's Hospital is looking to recruit a Pouch Nurse Specialist to join their established team of Stoma and Pouch Nurse Clinical Nurse Specialists.
St Mark's Hospital is based at Central Middlesex Hospital - Including Harrow, Ealing and Brent ICB.
The stoma care department at St Mark's Hospital is one of the largest teams in the UK for stoma, internal pouch and fistula management. As a tertiary referral centre we create over 300 new stomas and 30 internal pouches per annum and offer long-term support to community patients in the local boroughs of Harrow, Ealing and Brent. This ACPGBI accredited Internal Pouch Unit leads on nursing research and development and is well published in the national and international arena.
If this sounds like a role you would be interested in, then we are keen to hear from you. For further information or to arrange a site visit please contact Petya Marinova at email@example.com or 0208 453 2577.Main duties of the job
The post holder will provide long term management and support to patients with an internal pouch and also support the stoma nurse specialists within the team.
This specific care will be provided through comprehensive clinical skills, information, advice and support to patients undergoing pouch/ stoma forming surgery in addition to the continued development and management of Nurse Led Clinics and the telephone and email advice lines.About us
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWH) cares for the people of Brent, Ealing, Harrow and beyond.
Our team of more than 8,200 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of almost one million people.
We run major acute services at:
- Northwick Park Hospital: home to one of the busiest emergency departments (A& E) in the country. The hospital provides a full range of services including the country's top-rated hyper-acute stroke unit and one of only three hyper-acute rehabilitation units in the UK
- St Mark's Hospital: an internationally renowned specialist centre for bowel disease
- Ealing Hospital: a busy district general hospital providing a range of clinical services, as well as 24/7 emergency department and urgent care centre, and specialist care at Meadow House Hospice
- Central Middlesex Hospital: our planned care site, hosting a range of surgical and outpatient services and collocated with an urgent care centre.
We are a university teaching NHS trust, in recognition of the important role we play in training clinicians of the future and bringing the benefits of research to the public.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To view the main responsibility, please see the attached the Job Description and Person SpecificationPerson SpecificationEducation/ QualificationEssential
- RGN - NMC Registration
- Colorectal, gastrointestinal, IBD, or stoma care nursing qualification
- History taking and physical assessment course
Skills, Abilities and AttributesEssential
- Working towards an MSc in colorectal, gastrointestinal, IBD, or stoma care nursing
- Non-medical prescriber course
- Leadership course
- Research course
- Excellent clinical skills and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Team worker, assertive, self-motivated flexible and adaptable
- Good time management and attendance record
- Must be able to work in a busy environment
- Proven professional development
- Excellent written and spoken English
Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Telephone advice line and triage nurse skills
- Advance stoma care skills
- Substantial post registration colorectal, gastrointestinal, or IBD nursing experience
- Current knowledge of latest clinical and professional issues relating to GI nursing.
- Advanced knowledge of the GI tract, anatomy and physiology and disease processes.
- Keen interest in colorectal disease/ gastroenterology
- Experience as clinical nurse specialist or advance nurse practitioner
- Pre-operative psychosocial counselling experience
- Evident experience in nursing research
- Clinical practice within the community setting
- Excellent IT and computer skills including word, power point and excel
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to influence positive change
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of statistics and report writing
- Teaching/presentation experience
- Journal publication
London North West University Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Central Middlesex Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.