We are seeking an appropriately qualified and experienced construction professional. This is a broad ranging role which will require well developed communications skills. You will have responsibility for ensuring that the Trust meets the necessary legislative requirements for building and construction work, as well as providing advice, support and guidance at management level to ensure compliance across the organisation.
As Building Manager you will be required to address complex building matters and have specific responsibility for the management of a large multidisciplinary operational team.
You will have a key role in ensuring that all buildings occupied by the Trust are maintained to a high standard providing a safe environment for all service users and staff.
This position will offer an excellent opportunity for an individual who is seeking a role within an organisation where no two days are the same. As Building Manager you will be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment within a role that has opportunity to progress and most of all develop your career. You will provide robust leadership in staff, contract and project management ensuring all day to day reactive and pro-reactive maintenance.Main duties of the job
You will be the lead manager for building operational services and technical matters as defined by the Senior Building and Contracts Manager, managing operational building services to ensure that the infrastructure meets the service needs of the Trust.
You will be required to address complex building matters that may involve various options for consideration and discussion with a range of stakeholders. The Building Manager is also responsible for the operational management, managing and leading a multi-disciplinary team, providing an effective and efficient maintenance service.
In short, you will support the Senior Building and Contracts Manager in providing a cost effective timely maintenance service to the locality and those organisations that have service level contracts with the Trust.About us
We have 10000 fantastic people working hard to deliver quality services to our patients. Whatever your role, you help look after 370,000 people in our local area & give specialist care to 1.5 million people across Lancashire & Cumbria.
Working with us gives you the knowledge and sense of pride that every activity you do genuinely does make a difference to support our patients & staff, ensuring we keep thriving & delivering outstanding healthcare right across our local towns.
You'll have access to varied development opportunities, learn new skills, meet fab people & do things you'd never have done. You'll learn about working in a hospital, interacting with people from all different roles to build skills & enhance your career path.
You'll make an impact, be challenged to think differently, be bold & help innovate to keep improving things. Everything we do centres around patient care and enhancing their experience which means your role is pivotal and something really to be proud of.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities listed below should be undertaken in accordance with the levels of competence as defined in the KSF outline for this post. In addition all staff are expected to act in accordance with the values and behaviours of the Trust.
For a more detailed description, please see the attached document.Person SpecificationQualifications & EducationEssential
- Degree in a building related subject or equivalent experience and in depth knowledge with proven ability in managing complex NHS estates services and infrastructure.
- Significant staff management experience.
- Extensive construction/property management knowledge gained through training and experience to degree level.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and management/ leadership development.
Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Masters Degree or equivalent knowledge and experience in Building Surveying, Engineering or construction related discipline.
- Chartered Member of appropriate building / engineering related Professional Institution, such as the RICS, CIOB, IHEEM, CIBSE or RIBA.
- Experience of working in a similar role within an Estates or Facilities team. Demonstrable experience of having managed teams, operational budgets, and multiple construction or refurbishment projects.
- Experience of managing multiple service contracts
- Able to demonstrate experience of using Shared Business Intelligence, SBS and Oracle.
- Good knowledge and understanding of recruitment using both Trac and NHS jobs recruitment management systems.
- Able to demonstrate experience in providing expert advice
- Significant experience in planning and delivery of maintenance and refurbishment programs.
- Strong track record in managing schemes to time and budget
- Awareness of current legislation and guidance for NHS properties, such as HBNs and HTMs
- Good knowledge of industry standard building construction contracts, along with the ability to effectively manage contractual relationships with Contractors
- Good working knowledge of Local Authority Planning rules, and the Building Regulations.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience within a NHS healthcare environment
- Experience of developing joint and collaborative working with local health and commercial partners
- Experience of public sector procurement and tendering procedures
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Preston Hospital
Sharoe Green Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.