An excellent development opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and committed individual to gain specialised skills in a senior role. We are looking for a motivated Pharmacy Technician to join our diverse team to support the Specialist Pharmacy Technician -- Dispensary Services in developing a high-quality pharmacy service.
We strive to develop the knowledge and skills of our workforce to enable them to advance personally and professionally and this is that ideal career development prospect. Therefore, recruiting the best talent to fulfil this role is really important to us. To help us achieve this, you must be an astute and resilient individual to join our busy team. Enthusiastic and flexible, you will have excellent organisational and communication skills and the ability to work effectively both independently without supervision and within the existing team.
If shortlisted for interview, we recommend that you arrange an informal visit to meet our team and fully appreciate what this post has to offer.
For further details contact Nickola Harris, Specialist Pharmacy Technician, Dispensary Services on 0121 4249336.Main duties of the job
With a forward-thinking approach, you will:
*Be responsible for co-ordinating workflow through the dispensary providing services for inpatients, outpatients and discharge medication.
*Oversee the daily operation in the main Dispensary, working towards achieving daily key performance indicators (KPIs).
*Provide supervision for training, health and safety, and stock management.
*Act as a role model and be responsible for the maintenance of waste management, reduction of expired medication and stock losses, and Controlled Drug regulations.
You will have:
*A nationally recognised Pharmacy Technician qualification and be registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council.
*An accredited accuracy checking qualification.
*Significant experience working in a hospital Pharmacy environment.
*The ability to lead a busy team and motivate others.
*A flexible approach to accommodate the needs of the service.
This post offers in-service development training and the opportunity to gain valuable leadership and management skills. A requirement to participate in evenings, weekends, and bank holidays on a rotational basis will be necessary.
Please see job description for further information.About us
We are recognised as one of the leading NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK. Our vision is to Build Healthier Lives, and we recognise that we need incredible staff to do this.
Our commitment to our staff is to create the best place for them to work, and we are dedicated to:
Investing in the health and wellbeing of our staff, including a commitment of offering flexible working where we can Offer our staff a wide variety of training and development opportunities, to support their personal and career development objectives.
UHB is committed to ensuring that our staff are treated fairly and feel that they belong, by creating a kind and inclusive environment. This is about equity of opportunity removing all barriers, including discrimination and ensuring each individual member of staff reach their true potential, achieve their ambitions and thrive in their work. This is more than words. We are taking action. Our commitment to an inclusive culture is embedded at all levels of the organisation where every voice is heard, driven by our diverse and active staff networks, and at Board level by the Fairness Taskforce led by our CEO. We nurture a culture which empowers staff to challenge discriminatory behaviours and to enable people to bring their 'whole self' to a kinder, more connected and bold place to work.
University Hospitals Birmingham is a Smoke-Free premises hospital.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
*Please Note : For a detailed job description for this vacancy, please see attached Job Description*Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- *GCSEs -- Mathematics and English (Grade B/5) and four other subjects including Science (Grade C/4)
- *GCSEs: Mathematics, English, and Science (Grade C/4 or equivalent) and two other GCSEs (Grade C/4) and successful achievement of the pharmacy service skills Level 2 NVQ qualification (or equivalent)
- *Three A levels, one of which is a relevant science subject and Mathematics B/5 (GCSE or equivalent)
- *Degree in science or humanities and Mathematics B/5 (GCSE or equivalent)
- *Level 3 Diploma in Principles and Practice for Pharmacy Technicians
- *BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science and Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Pharmacy Service Skills
- *equivalent as defined by the General Pharmaceutical Council
- *Professional Registration with the GPhC.
- *Dispensing Accuracy Accreditation. West Midland's scheme or equivalent.
- *Evidence of Continued Professional Development.
- *Accredited Checking Technician (National Framework).
- *Currently practicing as a band 4 pharmacy technician / equivalent or above with post-qualification experience within an acute setting.
- *The ability to demonstrate the equivalent level of knowledge and the relevant practical experience for the post.
- *Significant experience within a pharmacy setting.
- *Experience of the specialist function for area of responsibility.
- *Experience of organising other grades of staff and their workload.
- *Experienced in working to policies and procedures.
- *Significant experience within a hospital pharmacy setting.
- *Deputising for senior personnel, co-ordinating daily workflow including situational staff management.
- *Understanding of Good Distribution Practice (GDP)
- *Health and Safety at Work and COSHH
- *Understanding of stock control and supply processes
- *Knowledge of Code of Practice / Customer Care
- *Knowledge of medicines, side effects and where to find further information.
- *Knowledge of practices, policies and procedures associated with the job.
- *Understands the need for delivering a cost-effective service and the required work practices to reduce waste.
- *Understanding of Pharmacy dispensing/stock control IT systems
- *Experience in setting up new working practices or procedures.
- *Participation in training of staff
- *Experience of managing other grades of staff
- *Participation in student technician training in a mentor relationship
- *Understanding of ward environment
- *Takes responsibility for own work/actions and contribution to the team success.
- *Able to communicate at an appropriate level complex information verbally, written or electronically as required.
- *Able to manage own time and tasks effectively to achieve objective.
- *Able to identify customer needs and deliver service to required level.
- *Demonstrates IT and keyboard skills including e-mail, word-processing.
- *Able to set work objectives for others supporting with training and mentoring. Managing deviation from objectives and timescales.
- *Demonstrates suitable interpersonal skills to work with other healthcare professionals and meet patient needs.
- *Motivates self and others.
- *Has knowledge and skills to advise patients on use of medicines at an appropriate level to support their treatment/care.
- *Recognises when issues/activities fall out of their scope and/or ability refers appropriately.
- *Demonstrates initiative.
- *Able to assess staff performance and provide constructive feedback.
- *Understands need for and is able to work to defined procedures.
- *Demonstrates ability to guide, support and train other members of staff.
- *Adaptable to change.
- *Ability to work in a team.
- *Enthusiastic, reliable, and trustworthy and displays a mature attitude.
- *Good time management.
- *Careful and accurate in work.
- *Able to demonstrate discretion and diplomacy.
- *Fair and objective.
- *Flexible to the demands of the post, the needs of the pharmacy service and other staff
- *Good team player and able to motive others.
- *Self-motivated and sound use of own initiative.
- *Keen to improve and develop the pharmacy service and committed to the concept of technician-led services.
- *Keen to develop own person skill and use these for the benefit of others.
- *Able to demonstrate timely referral to senior staff appropriately.
- *Ability to travel to other Trust sites.
- *Flexible to work in accordance with service needs.
- *Committed to abide by the Trust vision and values.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- *Awareness of future developments within Pharmacy.
- *Capable of developing and implementing SOPs in conjunction with the line manager.
- *Demonstrates ability to undertake a variety of tasks.
- *Demonstrates ability to instruct junior staff on dispensing of complicated drug regimens / clinical trials dispensing and unlicensed products.
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Good Hope Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.