An opportunity has arisen for a (Band 6) Senior Staff Nurse to join the nursing team on the Children's Unit.
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic staff with a passion to work with children and their families.
TheChildren's Unit consists of 19 inpatient beds including 1 High Dependency bed, 3 Enhanced Care beds.
We also have 6 Assessment unit beds, 6 medical/surgical day case beds and 2 Oncology beds.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.Main duties of the job
- To ensure the effective management and organisation of the Unit in the absence of the Ward Manager.
- The post holder will be responsible for the assessment of care needs, development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of expert care to all children and young people admitted onto the unit.
- Provide highly specialised advice to medical, nursing staff, families, the public and other professionals.
- Provide teaching and supervision of registered and non-registered nurses and other professional's on the unit including medical staff.
Work collaboratively and cooperatively with others to meet identified children, young people and family needs to include the safeguarding team, social services and senior medical staff.About us
If you relish a challenge, have a passion to help others or simply fancy a fresh start, then Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) North Wales, has all the right ingredients. The largest health organisation in Wales, providing a full range of primary, community, mental health, acute and elective hospital services for a population of around 700,000, across North Wales . Join our team and get the support you need, in line with our Organisational Values and 'Proud to Lead' competence framework.
Enjoy being part of working with engaged leadership at all levels, and be assured we are committed to promoting equality and diversity, and are proud to welcome applicants under the Disability Confident Employer scheme.
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh. Applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in TracPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Child Branch Diploma/RN Child at Degree level or equivalent
- Paediatric Life Support Certificate
- Working towards APLS/EPLS Certificates
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Commitment to undertake further study or management/ leadership course at Diploma level/equivalent specialist training
- Mentorship / teaching and assessing course
- Management Course
- Teaching & Assessing Module
- Significant experience at Band 5 in Acute Children's Services.
- Team working including being regularly in charge of a shift
- High dependency care, nursing of oncology, surgical and medical conditions
Aptitude and AbilitiesEssential
- Managerial experience
- Nursing of critically ill children
- Evidence of good organisational and Ward Management skills
- Evidence of people management and leadership skills
- Effective problem solver. Ability to negotiate and communicate with parents and families and all members of the Multidisciplinary Team
- Knowledge of Acute and Chronic childhood illnesses
- Understanding of Child Protection Policy and Procedures
- Understand the role of Multidisciplinary Team working including Specialist Paediatric Services
- Knowledge of healthy infant/child/young person
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a stressful and unpredictable environment
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to speak Welsh
- Advanced clinical skills
- Ability to adapt to the purpose changes within the working situation
- Knowledge of Appraisal process. Knowledge of some management theories
- Awareness of audit and research . Skill Mix. NHS Policies and Strategies
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardAddress
Glan Clwyd Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.