Healthy Child Programme, West Sussex 5-19 Band 7 Team Lead
We're excited to be recruiting for our Band 7 Team Lead within our 5-19 HCP team, located in West Sussex. We are looking for experienced SCPHN's to come join the team. As a Team Lead, you'll play a pivotal role in guiding our team's performance and advancing clinical pathway development.
If you're seeking a fresh challenge and aspire to be an integral part of our team, this opportunity is for you. Your contribution will be instrumental in the ongoing delivery and enhancement of our high-quality service, as well as in nurturing collaborative relationships with our partner agencies. Our team is focused on bettering the health and well-being of children and young people and we are looking for a candidate who has strong leadership, adaptability, resilience, and a passion for public health.
We are committed to supporting your work/life balance via flexible working and tailored support to help you advance your clinical practice and leadership skills in style that suits you, your health and wellbeing and your future career aspirations. This is an ideal opportunity to bring your skills and develop them in a flexible, supportive, and positive community service.Main duties of the job
We are looking for an enthusiastic school nurse SCPHN to work in West Sussex alongside our other Team Leads , providing both clinical leadership and support for team members. We are focused on service improvement and will be looking to further develop the service in line with local and national guidance and requirements.
You will work with the senior management team to development effective, safe, evidence based and robust clinical pathways through staff engagement, liaison with our partners and stakeholders and working collaboratively with your wider team lead colleagues across SCFT HCP and other teams within children's services.About us
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust (SCFT) is the largest community healthcare provider in Sussex.
- Over 8,400 full time, part time and bank staff members
- Medical, nursing and therapeutic care provided to over 10,000 children and adults a day
- July 2018 Care Quality Commission (CQC) rating of 'Good' with 'Outstanding' features
- Flexible working patterns offered across all services
- Thriving BAME, Disability and Wellbeing, LGBT+ and Religion and Belief staff networks
- Accredited Level 3 Disability Confident Leader
SCFT is an inclusive employer that promotes equality and challenges discrimination, and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. Applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, disabled candidates and LGBT+ candidates are particularly encouraged, to ensure the Trust's workforce reflects the diverse communities it serves.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will work alongside the other team leads and manage an identified group of staff. In addition to working closely with all the team leads to develop ideas, be part of working parties and regular meetings and develop clinical pathways particularly in relation to inclusion and diversity within our children and young people populations in West Sussex.
You will have monthly Supervision with the clinical service manager and with the Safeguarding lead. There is regular team lead peer supervision groups and a robust induction and support.
If you are ready for a new challenge and would like to be a part of our team, this is the opportunity for you. This post is key to the continued delivery of a high quality service, whilst providing a career development pathway. The post requires leadership, flexibility, tenacity and the development of relationships with our partner agencies
For full details please see the attached job description.
We look forward to your application. Person SpecificationQualificationEssential
- Registered Nurse or midwife
- Registered Specialist Community Public Health Nurse
- Educated to degree level
- Evidence of range of clinical competencies approrpiate to role
- Evidence of training and professional development in safegaurding practice at masters level or equivalent
- Management / leadership qualification or equivalent experience
- Relevent post graduate qualification
- Experience working ina team environment and holding and managing a clinical caseload
- Experience of safeguarding children casework and identifying and managing risk
- Experience of supervising others
- Willingness to develop leadership and managerial skills
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Minimum of 2 years post SCPHN qualification
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- IT skills
- Knowledge of safeguarding children polices & procedures
- Knowldge of local and national polices informing health & social care
- Demonstrates leadership in practice
- Able to apply research to practice
- Knowldge of clinical governance, audit, supervsion and professional codes of conduct
- Values and beliefs of HCP
- Concepts of integrated working
- Able to travel
- Work flexibly across specified area
- Lifelong learning and development
- Understanding of self and limitations
- Awareness of professional responsibiliies and boundaries
Sussex Community NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Various across West Sussex
Various across West Sussex
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.