Come and join a friendly and supportive team, dedicated to providing high quality care to our neonates. We are a level 2 Neonatal Unit with 12 cots, We also provide Transitional Care and have 4 TC cots. We are part of the East of England Neonatal Operational Delivery Network.Main duties of the job
To be a competent Qualified in Speciality Neonatal Nurse with the relevant qualification. To be responsible for promoting and implementing practice conducive to the development of high quality patient care. To provide support and guidance to all staff. Support the NICU Nurse in Charge with duties to ensure seamless running of the NICU. Work and communicate well with the multi-disciplinary team.About us
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) King's Lynn is West Norfolk has a superb unspoilt coastline with pretty villages, all with their own individual charm. The medieval port of King's Lynn has some very interesting architecture.
We provide a comprehensive range of specialist and general acute services to around 331,000 people across West and North Norfolk, in addition to parts of Breckland, Cambridgeshire and South Lincolnshire. We have more than 4,000 staff and volunteers and approximately 500 beds on a single site. Some specialist services and clinics are provided in community facilities, such as the North Cambridgeshire hospital in Wisbech. We work in partnership with neighbouring hospitals for the provision of tertiary services.
In February 2022 the QEH the Care Quality Commission rated the Trust as 'Good' in all of the core services they inspected, and recommended the Trust moves out of the recovery support system (formerly special measures).Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information about this vacancy, please see the attached job description and person specification.Person SpecificationQualifications/training and professional developmentEssential
- Registered Nurse on appropriate part of the NMC Register
- Mentorship preparation programme
- Neonatal Qualified in Speciality course
- Up to date NLS certification or willingness to undertake
- To be Qualified in neonatal speciality.
- Knowledge of current developments in health care.
- Experience in change management.
Skills, abilities, and knowledgeEssential
- Experience of managing and leading a clinical area.
- Experience of participating in clinical audit or patient reviews
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work shifts and flexible approach to working hours and duties
- Competency in advanced clinical skills including enhanced practice
- Organisational and time management skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of participation in clinical audit/patient review
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital King's Lynn NHSFTAddress
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital King's Lynn NHS Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.