Estates Information Officer Band 5 - 37.5 Hrs - WCH
Provides business information support to the Estates directorate at West Cumberland Hospital. Has overall responsibility for managing, maintaining and developing the directorate database and filing system. Provides supervision, training and support to own staff within Estates.
Provision of an effective Estates service to NHS North Cumbria Integrated Care Hospitals to ensure the Trust provides a safe and efficient environment for the delivery of high quality healthcare services satisfying the requirements of Healthcare Commission. Provide 24 hour estates support services to the West Cumberland Hospital site and 3rd party organisations in line with service level agreements (SLAs) or other agreements in place for premises / services.Main duties of the job
- Manages, maintains and develops MRI Evolution system for all Estates maintenance programmes.
- Advanced use of IT skills to enable data to be manipulated to provide monthly reports as required by the Quality Management System system.
- Use unique technical skills to build job profiles for specific tasks.
- Responsible for production of COSHH and Risk Assessments for planned maintenance work and to review planned preventative maintenance in line with current legislation.
- Responsible for the effective management of planned and reactive engineering maintenance across the Trust.
- Maintain asset register and planned preventative maintenance job links, ensuring all new equipment is registered and that the appropriate job profile and maintenance schedule is attached and integrated into the MRI Evolution planned preventative maintenance programme. Thus maintaining a history profile for future use between equipment and assets.
At NCIC, we have an ambition to deliver outstanding hospital and health services to half a million people. Established on 1st October 2019, the Trust is creating a centre of excellence in providing rural and remote healthcare and provides a wide range of community and acute services throughout north Cumbria and beyond. We're responsible for delivering over 70 services across 15 main locations and we employ more than 6,500 members of staff.
Our 5 key principles demonstrate our belief in the delivery of 'safe, high quality care every time'.
- Being a clinically led organisation
- Quality and safety at the heart
- A positive patient experience every time
- A great place to work
- Managing our money well
As an organisation we are serious about supporting a diverse workforce that reflects our local community and are very much focused on being an inclusive and compassionate place to work.
Across the North East and North Cumbria we are working together to deliver our ambition to be the greenest region in England by 2030. There is an expectation for all staff to support this by familiarising yourself with the Trust's sustainability initiatives such as waste and recycling, going paperless, videoconferencing, sustainable transport and others.
We encourage you to think about what you can do as an individual and within your team to contribute in to embedding carbon reduction into the everyday running of our organisation.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job description and person specification for further information regarding the role and the essential and desirable criteria required to be met by applicants.
Relocation assistance may be available for successful applicants moving to the region for certain posts. Please see our Policy for eligible vacancies
- Please ensure that you document evidence of meeting all the essential criteria in the supporting information.
- If sufficient response is received this post could be closed earlier than the specified closing date, please apply as soon as possible to ensure that your application is considered.
Candidates who have been successfully shortlisted for interview will be asked via an email notification to log on to their Trac account to select an interview time. This will usually be within 2 weeks of the closing date.
For candidates applying using a Hotmail account or have strict firewall settings please ensure the following:
Disclosure and Barring Service:
- Junk Mail is checked regularly
On 28 November 2020, the new Disclosure and Barring Service filtering rules will come into effect.
The changes mean that:
- youth cautions, reprimands and final warnings will no longer be subject to automatic disclosure
- the multiple conviction rule has been removed, meaning that if an individual has more than one conviction, regardless of offence type or time passed, each conviction will be considered against the remaining rules individually, rather than being automatically disclosed.
If you are unsure about whether you need to disclose certain criminal record information, free confidential advice may be sought from one of the charity bodies listed below. These bodies can advise you on what you are legally required to declare and may also be able to advise you on how you can disclose criminal record information to a prospective employer and your legal rights when doing so.
Nacro Tel: 0300 123 1999, or email: email@example.com
Unlock Tel: 01634 247350, email
firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the
online form on the Unlock website
The Trust is committed to safeguarding adults and children therefore if the post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended) the successful candidate(s) will be subject to a criminal records check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The cost of the DBS must be met by the successful candidate(s) through salary deduction. DBS charges are as follows if applicable to the post:
Standard Check: �18 + Administration cost of �3.85 = �21.85. Deducted at �6.85 from 1st month salary and �5 deducted from salary over following 3 months.
Enhanced Check: �38 + administration cost of �3.90 = �41.90. Deducted at �11.90 from 1st month salary and �10 deducted from salary over following 3 months.
As part of the one of the largest employers in the UK NCIC future employees will have also access to the following benefits.
A lease car may be available for this position further details will be provided upon appointment if applicable.
27-day holiday scheme rising to 33 after 10 years
Flexible working Scheme
Excellent opportunities for development
Competitive NHS Pension scheme
Access to NHS discounts with retailers and leisure companies
EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) a free, confidential counselling and information service to assist with personal or work-related problems
These schemes are subject to availabilityPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- oRelevant degree or equivalent experience within a building maintenance service setting.
- o1st line management qualification.
- oTime served craftsperson or extensive Business administration experience/financial Management experience.
- oOperation and maintenance of engineering and building services.
- oComputer literate.
- oEquality legislation and best practice.
Skills and AptitudesEssential
- oExperience of interpreting
- oMechanical, electrical and building drawings and manuals, including HTM's.
- oAdvanced IT skills.
- oEffective communication and interpersonal skills.
- oWorking knowledge of Risk Assessments
- oGood organisational skills.
- oAbility to use initiative appropriately.
- oAbility to prioritise work to meet deadlines.
- oAble to interpret instructions.
- oGood time management skills.
- oAble to work independently and as part of a team.
- oEffective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- oStrong multi-tasking and organisational skills.
- oEffective judgment skills.
- oAdaptable to changes in work practices and technology.
- oSelf motivated and confident.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oAble to adopt flexible working patterns.
- oPrepared to attend update courses both regionally and nationally, to further vocational qualifications that will benefit the Trust.
North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
West Cumberland Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.