A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a suitably Team Leader qualified as Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Social Worker
and experienced individual to work closely with the Team Manager and other senior clinicians as a B7 Team Lead within our Hammersmith & Fulham Community Rehabilitation Service (H& F CRS - complex psychosis pathway). This is a full time, substantive and managerial position in the team and would welcome applications from various professional backgrounds in nursing, social worker or occupational therapy. All applicants will need to have relevant and current professional registration. This post also attracts 20% inner London weighting (HCAS).
H& F CRS is a multidisciplinary, community based service responsible for providing on-going holistic assessments, treatment and support to clients with severe and enduring mental illness living in the community in high and medium supported accommodation units and some in their own homes. The team also facilitates step down of service users from acute in-patient units and from out of area placements (including repatriation). H& F CRS enables, where possible, service users to be cared for in a less restrictive setting. This Team Leader position will support and lead the team to effectively generate flow of service users through the pathway and to achieving living with greater independence.Main duties of the job
The post holder will lead the Hammersmith & Fulham Community Mental Health Rehabilitation Team. This is a multidisciplinary, community based service responsible for providing on-going holistic assessments, treatment and support to clients with severe and enduring mental illness living in the community in high and medium supported accommodation units and some in their own homes. The team also facilitates step down of service users from acute in-patient units and from out of area placements (including repatriation). The service will enable service users with severe mental health problems to be cared for in a less restrictive setting and they will receive intense rehabilitation. The post holder will support and lead the team to effectively generate flow of service users through the pathway and to achieving living with greater independence.
The post holder will provide effective managerial and clinical leadership in the team and will coordinate and lead on management of referrals into the team and will provide line management and supervision of staff. The post holder will be involved in implementation of evidence based clinical practice and continued professional development of staff, participate in research and lead on QI projects within the team. The post holder will provide support and mentorship to new staff, students and other health care professionals in the team.About us
West London NHS Trust is one of the most diverse providers of mental health, community and social care in the UK.
Our 3,982 staff care for people in hospital and in the community, helping them to recover and go on to lead full and productive lives. We aim to be the best organisation of our kind in the country.
We provide care and treatment for more than 800,000 people living in the London boroughs of Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham and Hounslow, delivering services in the community (at home, in GP surgeries and care homes), hospital, specialist clinics and forensic (secure) units.
We'rerated good overall by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Together, we're committed to promoting hope and wellbeing, working with patients, service users, carers, families and partners across the communities we serve.
We are keen to ensure that our workforce reflects the community it serves, particularly in terms of ethnicity, gender, disability, LGBTQ+ and experience of mental illness.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
As the Team Leader, you will provide effective managerial and clinical leadership in the team and will be responsible for supporting the Team Manager in providing high quality services within the resources available.
In return you can expect some of the following:
- Additional Birthday Leave & Wellbeing Leave per year (Trust criteria applies)
- Access to Praise Platform (supporting peer to peer recognition)
- Recognition events for staff groups
- Financial Wellbeing workshops with support/guidance
- Reflective Practise session
H& F CRS is based close to public transport with a short walk to the office. The area is vibrant with access to various retailers, food outlets and the all-important coffee shops!Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Social Worker with a current registration (mental health / LD/ Adult) appropriate to the job role.
- Evidence of post registration training in relevant service area
- Completion of Mentorship Course/ENB equivalent/Practice Educators/Practice Placement Educator
- Degree/diploma level supplemented by specialist qualification, training such as: Leadership or Management training or experience, courses to masters level equivalent relevant to the care group such as substance use/misuse
- Experience of supervising staff and students
- Able to manage a caseload of people with complex mental health needs
- Experience, underpinned by knowledge of working with and understanding the complex needs of mental health clients in a community care setting team
- Awareness of Trust policies and service specification
- Extensive post qualifying experience in relevant service area
- Experience in delivering psychosocial interventions in mental health
- Comprehensive knowledge of interventions specific to service area
- To understand performance reports and how they relate to team
- In-depth knowledge of the Mental Health Act 1983 and other legislature related to management of clients suffering from mental health problems
- Computer literate including emails and spreadsheets
- To have a good knowledge of service objectives
- Experience of initiating or participating in clinical audit/research relating to clinical practice/ service provision
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills with staff, patients, families, carers and professionals
- Able to establish links with other services and professionals
- Able to effectively manage risk
West London NHS TrustAddress
H& F Community Rehab Team
Fulham Palace Rd
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.