JOB TITLE: Integrated Discharge Hub NurseBAND: Band 6DEPARTMENT: Integrated Discharge HubDIRECTORATE: Newham Community ServicesREPORTING TO: Integrated Discharge Hub Deputy ManagerACCOUNTABLE TO: Service Manager Newham Community ServicesMain duties of the job
The post holder will provide day-to-day expert advice and co-ordination to a multi-disciplinary integrated discharge hub including multiple stakeholders based at Newham University Hospital, London Borough of Newham to name a few.About us
We strive to ensure that staff feel valued by the Trust and as they are truly pivotal in delivering better outcomes for our patients and service users. Our aspiration is to help to make ELFT the best place to work. This Trust is clinician-led and provides the highest possible level of clinical expertise throughout its services. We pride ourselves on our service user involvement.We are working towards growing a workforce that is reflective of our diverse communities.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will:
Undertake in reach triage assessments for patients on the acute Wards at Newham University Hospital to ensure rapid discharge and discuss with seniors and facilitate a safe and smooth discharge.
Undertake generic IDH assessment and coordination tasks and functions.To deputise for the senior of the IDH in the coordination and co-chairing / chairing of the IDH Discussion meetings held at 09:00, 13:00 and 16:00 Monday to Friday and 09:00 and 13:00 at weekends and as needed and also and also participate in the team rota and shifts (including weekends)
Liaison with the Discharge Coordinator Team in NUHT to identify and facilitate the discharge of patients from the acute hospital setting.
Effective liaison with the Hospital Social Work Team,Social Services, homelessness team to name a few to ensure that appropriate Packages of Care are put in place to meet the social care needs of patients discharged via the IDH. This may include restarts or new packages of care to support patients to return home or the provision of interim, step-down or permanent residential placements.Person SpecificationEducationEssential
- NMC registered Nurse
- Educated to Degree/Diploma level
- Demonstrates an understanding of the legislation around discharge planning processes
- Demonstrates knowledge of evidence based practice.
- Clinical Leadership Programme
- Demonstrates a caring and sensitive approach to patient care
- Ability to identify stress in self and other and to take effective action to manager the situation
- Experience of assessing, planningand evaluating patient care according to individual needs
- Experience of clinical assessment in highly complex patients
- Able to use a computer relevant IT systems
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to travel throughout Newham in a timely and effective way to meet unpredictable service demands
- Able to support staff, patients and carers during times of emotional distress
East London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Newham University Hospital
Shrewsbury Road Health Centre Newham
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.