Based in the Guildford and Waverley area
- Are you an experienced Nurse looking for your next role?
- Do you want to work for a unique, dynamic organisation that's transforming adult community services locally?
If you are, we'd love to hear from you! We are looking for an experienced nurse with an interest and knowledge of continence promotion and assessment to join our team based at Milford Community Hospital. As a continence nurse you will be expected to manage your own caseload to provide the best possible outcomes for clients with bladder and bowel symptoms. You will work alongside our team of dedicated professionals including nurses, therapists, and administration teams.Main duties of the job
As a valued member of the team, we'll offer you a competitive salary, with additional High cost area allowance and NHS pension. We offer free parking at Milford Community Hospital. You will have a great professional support network which includes regular interaction in team meetings allowing for shared growth and service development, and opportunity for self-development through training.
Our approach to delivering healthcare services is innovative, refreshing and above all caring. We are committed to putting patient care first and we are looking for dedicated professionals who share our values and our passion for delivering quality care.
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply.About us
Royal Surrey is a compassionate and collaborative acute and community Trust. Recognising that our 5000 colleagues are our greatest strength, we offer a comprehensive health and wellbeing program along with a commitment to developing and advancing your career. Our diverse and welcoming Royal Surrey family will ensure you that you feel valued from your initial interview through your entire tenure.
We are clinically led and provide joined up care by bridging the gap between hospital and community services alongside regional specialist cancer care. Our main acute hospital site is in Guildford with community hospital sites at Milford, Haslemere and Cranleigh. We provide adult community health services in homes across Guildford and Waverley.
We have received an overall Good rating from the CQC with Medical care (including older peoples care), End of Life Care and Maternity services being deemed Outstanding by the CQC.
Royal Surrey has a strong reputation and history to build on. We are proud of our achievements and we are investing in our colleagues through our commitment to supporting professional development as well as investing more than �45 million in our physical environment and new equipment in the next few years. There has never been a better time to join us. Although it isn't the Trusts normal practice, adverts may close early, so you are encouraged to submit an application as soon as possible.
A video about the Royal Surrey - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HsiGn9joTQJob descriptionJob responsibilities
To provide specialist assessment, advice and treatment plans on the promotion of continence for patients to improve their symptoms and quality of life.
To provide training on the assessment of continence and the provision of continence products to Guildford and Waverley community nursing services and residential care home staff, enabling them to assess and support their patient or clients needs.
To act as an expert resource to other professionals, patients and their carers.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Current 1st level registration (Registered Nurse)
- 5 years nursing experience post registration which should relate to dealing with patients with bladder and bowel dysfunction
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- post graduate diploma qualification or equivalent level of experience
- Mentorship qualification
- Computer literate and able to use Word, Excel, Emis, emails etc
- Ability to Undertake full assessments of patients, including those with multiple pathology and complex health and social needs
- Knowledge of national directives that influence the delivery of continence care
- Evidence of professional development
- Demonstrate awareness of the needs of individuals from diverse social, ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Gynaecology / Urology experience / Community Experience
- Good knowledge of health and safety / risk management
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of delivering formal training / education
Royal Surrey NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Milford community hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.