The Paediatric Long Term Ventilation service is a busy, dynamic, & evolving speciality, caring for children & families across the Southwest region requiring varying levels of ventilatory support.
We are looking for a new member to join our ambitious, friendly, & supportive team which is currently expanding to include working towards strengthening links with regional acute & community teams & the paediatric sleep service. You must be highly motivated, with an ability to work autonomously & as part of a team. As a valued team member, you will have effective communication, organisational & interpersonal skills.
You will ideally have excellent assessment, observation, & nursing management skills, with experience in caring for children & families with invasive and non-invasive ventilation needs, tracheostomies, & ventilator set ups. This exciting opportunity will cover inpatient & outpatient work, forming strong links with a wide range of other specialist paediatric services.
We are looking for someone with energy & enthusiasm to develop this role to ensure that excellent care is accessible to all families using the service. In return you will receive support & development from a friendly & committed team. So if you're innovative, dynamic & want to further develop your teaching & leadership skills & would like to be part of a forward thinking team that want to make a real difference, please contact us to find out more.Main duties of the job
The post holder will work as an important member of the Multidisciplinary Team within University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust across the community. The post holder will provide specialist nursing advice and support to patients (in-patient and out-patient) and their family, throughout the care pathway. They will utilize skills of clinical expertise, education, and management to ensure a seamless service for patients, carers, and staff. S/he will provide advice, support, and information from the time of diagnosis and throughout their care pathway.
S/he will work closely with the multidisciplinary team in hospital and the community to ensure a co-ordinated quality service and will be actively involved in education, audit and research.
The post holder will engage and lead discussions in multidisciplinary team meetings. Whilst predominantly caring for children within the LTV service cross cover and close working with the sleep team is an essential part of the role.
Most care is carried out within the BRHC however some satellite visits around the region and home visits may, on occasion be required.
Closing Date: 12th Dec 23
Provisional Interview Date: Wk commencing, 18th Dec 23About us
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as 'Good' overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds city living within a stone's throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we're meeting our pledge.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a more detailed job description and main responsibilities, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.Person SpecificationQualifications & TrainingEssential
- Active 1st level registration with NMC
- 1st Degree In nursing or health related subject, willing to undertake/ working towards
- Relevant accredited post registration qualification at level 3 or working towards
- Qualification in Teaching and Assessing
Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Willingness to work towards Masters level academic study
- Appropriate post registration experience in nursing, speciality
- Appropriate proven leadership and management experience
- Proven commitment and experience, evidence in teaching
- Experience as preceptor / mentor
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of undertaking research or audit projects
- Evidence of commitment to research based practice or evidence of project work undertaken
Public Sector Language CompetencyEssential
- Organisation and management skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to problem solve
- Flexibility, adaptability to meet needs of a changing service
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Ability to cope with emotional issues presented in the course of work, and to support others
- Knowledge of national and local specialty specific issues
- IT skills including use of email and Microsoft office packages
- Act as a role model and as a mentor/assessor
- Innovative and participates with practice and policy change
- Awareness of professional responsibilities to self and others
- Commitment to the development and provision of high quality nursing care
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Awareness of current national changes in nursing / NHS
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Be able to speak fluent English to an appropriate standard
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW)Address
Bristol Royal Hospital for Children
Upper Maudlin St
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.