D2A is a national mandate and in Mid Notts, this is an exciting opportunity to start to shape and develop a team of Band 3 and 4 staff to reable people who leave the acute hospitals but require additional support in their own homes. You will be a part of the Community Therapy teams, based in Ashfield but covering the whole of Mid Nottinghamshire. This post is giving you the opportunity to dip your toe in the waters of leadership within Community Health Services Urgent Care & Therapy care group.Main duties of the job
Your role will be to lead the D2A team in providing care and reablement to people who have left the acute Trust. You will be managing rotas, care and reablement visits and supporting the general development of the team.
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic individual to work alongside the existing Clinical Leads and Team Leader in both D2A and Community Therapy.About us
Nottinghamshire Healthcare employs over 10,000 colleagues who help #MakeADifference every day. We provide intellectual disability, mental health, community health, forensic and offender healthcare services across Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and South Yorkshire. Care is delivered from over 120 sites within the community from acute settings and across low, medium and high secure environments including prisons.
As one of the largest mental health and community trusts in the East Midlands and one of the biggest employers in Nottinghamshire. We are also home to national and regional services such as the National High Secure Deaf Service and the Nottingham Centre for Transgender Health.
We are committed to flexible and agile working, including the opportunity to join our bank.
Your health and wellbeing is our priority and as such we invest significantly in this via our in-house Occupational Health Service, Staff Counselling Service and Health and Wellbeing Team.
We offer a number of employee-led staff networks, including Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) groups, our Green Champions Network, Freedom to Speak Up Network. Health and Wellbeing Champions Network and Menopause Champions. We provide care to a diverse range of communities and are passionate about supporting diversity and inclusion in the Trust.
If you believe in our values of Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork, then we would love to hear from you!
#TeamNottsHCJob descriptionJob responsibilities
To manage a staff group of BAnd 3 and 4 Reablement workers. Planning off duties and rosters to ensure capacity. To declare capacity on a daily basis and to support the implementation of reablement plans. Lead handover and support the governance structures of the team. The role is office based at Ashfield, with a commitment to support visits and also support the Discharge Hub at SFHFT.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- NMC or HCPC registered
- Advanced clinical skills course
- Relevant course in Health Care of the Elderly / Falls / Palliative Care / MSK
- ICELS prescriber
- Excellent verbal/written communications skills
- Previous experience of working in a community setting
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
- Experience of managing the interface between acute and community services
- Evidence of teaching and assessing in clinical practice
- Can demonstrate knowledge of case management
- Evidence of having used expert knowledge, advanced nursing/AHP practice and autonomous decision making to manage patients conditions
- oExperience of managing long term/complex conditions
- oExperience of supporting self- managed care
- oEvidence of effective team working and organisational skills
- oExperience of working between primary and secondary care settings
- oEvidence of working in partnership and collaboration with other professionals/organisations
- oExperience in implementing change to promote high quality health outcomes.
- oEvidence of the ability to champion issues of individuals, the team and patients.
- oEvidence of the ability to perform effectively in a changing, stressful situation
- oEvidence of engaging staff in change, ensuring effective processes in place for constructive debate and challenge
Values and BehavioursEssential
- oAbility to travel between patients
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oAll colleagues are expected to demonstrate that they act in line with Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Values: Trust Honesty Respect Compassion Teamwork
- oAll colleagues are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) and how it applies to their role. The Trust's expectations are highlighted within our EDI Policy, and associated EDI and Human Rights legislation
Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Ashfield Health Village
Kirkby in Ashfield
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.