The post holder will need to have excellent managerial and leadership skills with a good understanding of the clinical needs of adults and young people with eating disorders requiring mental health support.
They will take line management responsibility for both the CYP and Adult Community Eating Disorder Teams and the overall operational management to ensure smooth functioning of the service. They will work collaboratively with the Clinical Leads and Service Manager to ensure patient needs are meet. The post holder will manage performance of team members and ensure they are supported to provide expert evidence based clinical care.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be required to be proactive in supporting the leadership team influencing service development. They will be required to liaise with wider services and ensure they are competent in dealing with HR issues, financial management and all other matters involved in the operational management of the service.
The post holder will be required to lead to ensure an open positive culture and able to work effectively to initiate and support changeAbout us
Nottinghamshire Healthcare employs over 10,000 colleagues who help #MakeADifference every day. We provide intellectual disability, mental health, community health, forensic and offender healthcare services across Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and South Yorkshire. Care is delivered from over 120 sites within the community from acute settings and across low, medium and high secure environments including prisons.
As one of the largest mental health and community trusts in the East Midlands and one of the biggest employers in Nottinghamshire. We are also home to national and regional services such as the National High Secure Deaf Service and the Nottingham Centre for Transgender Health.
We are committed to flexible and agile working, including the opportunity to join our bank.
Your health and wellbeing is our priority and as such we invest significantly in this via our in-house Occupational Health Service, Staff Counselling Service and Health and Wellbeing Team.
We offer a number of employee-led staff networks, including Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) groups, our Green Champions Network, Freedom to Speak Up Network. Health and Wellbeing Champions Network and Menopause Champions. We provide care to a diverse range of communities and are passionate about supporting diversity and inclusion in the Trust.
If you believe in our values of Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork, then we would love to hear from you!
#TeamNottsHCJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For detailed information on this job please refer to the job description attached to this vacancy, or alternatively call the Service Manager to have a conversation about this role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Relevant professional qualification plus significant post qualification experience to post graduate degree level equivalent or significant relevant work based experience of management and the management and supervision of individual and diverse staff groups.
- Core Allied Health Professional Qualification
- Current Professional Registration
- Evidence of further degree or higher level training/or equivalent
- Management training
- Mentorship training
- Leadership training
- Staff supervision training
- A full UK driving licence and vehicle for business use is required for this post however reasonable adjustments will be made for disabled individuals in line with the Equality Act 2010.
- Experience and knowledge of productivity models which support both timely patient access to services, effective use of team resource and harmonises demand capacity throughput.
- Leadership of people including setting and monitoring objectives against performance.
- Have a significant amount of relevant clinical experience/understanding across the breadth of presentations within Community Eating Disorders or relevant clinical delivery area.
- Knowledge of and experience of working within Child, Adolescent and Adult Mental Health service with patients experiencing a significant eating disorders
- Experience and skills in Clinical audit, research and evidence based practices
- Experience of the clinical and operational functions of specialist eating disorder services, working in partnership with Specialist Eating Disorders Units and other health, education and social care providers.
- A working knowledge of the operational and clinical systems relevant to Community Eating Disorders and its function with Nottinghamshire.
- Experience and knowledge of working within clinical team including within a multi-disciplinary profession or extensive relevant transferable experience.
- Adopting a systematic approach to thinking and problem solving using varied sources of information.
- Has a clear view of the Trust and Directorate strategic and business plans.
- Demonstrates an understanding of relevant legislation and statutory responsibilities both Health and Social Care which could impact on the Trust, Directorate and Local Authority.
- Sound working knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding policies and procedures.
Values and BehavioursEssential
- Excellent interpersonal, liaison, management and organisational skills.
- Developing and implementing change management processes.
- Building effective communication with a diverse range of colleagues and agencies.
- To provide the vision and leadership for the team.
- Ability to lead and develop and motivate others.
- Sound judgement and decision making skills.
- Innovation, creativity and ability in leading and developing others.
- Information technology experience and application skills.
- Ability to plan and organise activities to be completed by the team to meet the Trust's strategic objectives.
- Building and promoting effective professional relationships and integrated team-working across the organisation and system partners.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- All colleagues are expected to demonstrate at interview that they act in line with Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Values: Trust Honesty Respect Compassion Teamwork
- All colleagues are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) and how it applies to their role. The Trust's expectations are highlighted within our EDI Policy, and associated EDI and Human Rights legislation
Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Forster Drive, Mansfield Road, Nottigham
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.