Main duties of the job
- To provide high quality nursing care and be responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care needs within a Low Secure Setting, or Locked Rehabilitation Unit
- To carry out all appropriate care interventions and assume the role of nurse-in-charge
- To supervise junior staff, including students
- To apply enhanced knowledge, skills, experience and leadership appropriate to the care setting
- To play an active part in the continuing development of the unit
- To act as a team leader in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individualised programme of care
- To take charge of Unit or equivalent, as required
- To ensure that the national and local policies are adhered to
- To be committed to own development
- To have awareness of current research
- To participate in programmes of education for permanent staff and students.
- Assist patients in exercising choice and self-determination throughout their daily lives, to achieve their rights as individuals and maintain relationships with family.
- To work in co-operation with the qualified staff and other team members in the daily provision of the service.
- To act at all times in a manner that enhances the reputation of the service, particularly when dealing with relatives, visitors and the local community.
Employees, workers, and / or contractors will be expected to uphold the values of the Trust and exhibit the expected Trust behaviours aligned to the Trust's values. Individuals have a responsibility to ensure that they display the Trust values and behaviours in carrying out their job and that individuals feel able to challenge (or raise a challenge) when other colleagues' behaviours breach the spirit of Trust values.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description. Any further question please contact Unit Manager on the following number: 0121-612-8408Person SpecificationEssentialEssential Desirable
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience working within forensic services.
- Experience working within inpatients services.
- Experience working within LD and behaviours that challenges.
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Gerry Simon Clinic
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.