We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us as a Specialist Community Public Health Nurse 0-5 (Health Visitor) in the Hertfordshire Family Centre Service based in the Welwyn/Hatfield area. Part time hours.
You will be part of a welcoming, friendly and supportive integrated team delivering a locally driven needs led service, ensuring children and their families are at the heart of service delivery in the Welwyn and Hatfield area. In addition to the basic salary, this post attracts a High Cost Area Supplement of 5% of basic salary subject to a maximum payment of �2,011 per annum (pro rata where applicable).Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will:
- Be part of a skill mixed team delivering the five mandated universal core contacts of the Healthy Child Programme and identifying families who need a targeted universal plus or universal partnership plus service offer, including safeguarding
- Will work in partnership with the Family Support Service staff to identify local needs, ensuring children and their families can access the same level of support
- Will have experience in using electronic records and be able to be a mobile worker.
- Have a full valid driving licence and access to a car to use regularly for business purposes is essential (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010).
A big thank you for considering joining us at Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust
Youll find it a great place to work with many benefits offered to you as a member of our staff
We put our patients, their families and carers at the centre of our vision - Outstanding Services and Healthier Communities
Our staff are proud to be Innovative, Caring and Agile in their work to help achieve the Trust vision
We welcome diversity in our workforce and are interested in applicants from all backgrounds
We dont want you to miss out so wed like you to know that if we have a high level of interest in this role, the vacancy may close prior to the advertised closing date, so please make your application as soon as possible - Apply now
Youve made a great decision to apply to join to HCT - were looking forward to taking the next steps of the journey with you.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Whilst it is not a legal requirement, Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust encourages and supports all staff to be vaccinated as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19
We are committed to supporting flexible working options for staff, wherever possible, and welcome discussions on flexible working patterns to support our staff to maintain a healthy work life balance.Person SpecificationEducationEssential
- Registered Nurse or direct entry Midwifery qualification.
- Specialist Community Public Health Nurse (Health Visiting)
- Supervisor, Mentorship and preceptorship/ENB 998 or other relevant recognised teaching/assessment qualification or willingness to undertake.
- Nurse prescribing qualification( V100 or V150 )
- IT literate and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of safeguarding children procedures and relevant legislation.
- Awareness of implications of Department of Health initiatives/Government reports
- Knowledge of integrated practice and partnership working with stakeholders
- Experience of integrated working
- Evidence of assessment of care needs, planning, implementation and evaluation of care plans.
- Ability to recognize abuse of children/vulnerable adults and to follow safeguarding procedures.
- Awareness of health needs of Black and Minority Ethnic groups
- Ability to effectively manage a diverse caseload
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Hold a full, valid, UK driving licence and have access to a car to use for business purposes (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010)
Hertfordshire Community NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.