The post holder will be responsible for facilitating physical health clinics to Wigan Mental Health Community Teams, supporting the clozapine clinics, and provide education and support to Atherleigh Park Hospital as an in-reach service to support and enhance the health of our patients who access secondary mental health services.
The post holder will work closely with the matron for quality to ensure parity of esteem for patients seen in a primary care setting and secondary care service users in relation to the completion of the Physical Health check. The post holder will demonstrate an attitude which respects and values service users' and their carers. The post holder will embrace the core values of the organisation. These principles will recognise the need to:? Promote safe practices? Value the aims of service users? Work in partnership and offer meaningful choice? Be optimistic about the possibilities of meaningful change? Value social inclusionTo provide support to the wider MDTs in ensuring the patients in thedefined area have their physical healthcare nursing needs identified, care planned and evaluated in accordance with best practice and clinical evidence
Be responsible for the Infection Prevention and control of the physical health clinics.
Provide advice and support to colleagues internally and within primary care regarding physical healthcare needs, assessment and care planning.Main duties of the job
To be responsible for ensuring that all patients are receiving physical healthcare assessments as part of their annual review and or when necessary. That their care needs are commensurate with the assessment and consistent with pre-existing care plans and changed accordingly to demonstrate personalised health and wellbeing plans This includes obtaining relevant historical information, test results,motivational personalised promotion etc. in partnership with medical colleagues and primary care provision.Please see full job description for further detailsAbout us
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service usersJob descriptionJob responsibilities
See attached detailed job description and person specification: Staff benefits
- Pay Enhancements 30% additional for Evenings (8pm onwards) and Saturdays and 60% additional for Sundays and Bank holidays.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
- Qualified Registered General Nurse (RGN), with demonstrable post registration experience NMC Registration and completed preceptorship programme. Consideration will be given to Nurses registered in MH or LD services if they demonstrate competence in the requirements for the role
- Evidence of post registration continuing professional development. Qualified Mentor or to achieve within 12 months of coming into post.
- Demonstrable post registration experience within Physical Health Care Environment, evidence of continued professional development in relevant field.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and commitment to change, improvement and quality. Knowledge of NMC guidelines and professional practices.
- Have good command of the Trusts PARIS in-house system Mental Health Physical Health Assessment and review
- The post holder is required to have effective written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills, with an ability to adapt their style as appropriate to the environment they are communicating in
- Ability to develop and use flexible and innovative approaches to practise
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Venepuncture wound care, knowledge and experience and experience in undertaking ECG's
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHSFTAddress
Claire House Health Centre
Lower Ince Wigan
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.