Are you a highly motivated, experienced Social Worker, looking for a new challenge?If so Adult Mental Health Services are looking for someone who possess confidence, enthusiasm, initiative and a positive approach to teamwork but most importantly have a genuine passion for patient care.
AMH have are looking for a Social Worker Mental Health Practitioner This role will be based within the Newark & Sherwood Local Mental Health Team.
We're investing heavily in our staff, facilities and patient care. As we move into this new chapter, we need a strong, motivated and compassionate workforce to reflect our core values of Honesty, Compassion, Trust, Respect and Teamwork. There has never been a better time to join our growing team.
We have exciting opportunities across different specialities and services, with an emphasis on career development and progression. We want to help our staff reach their full potential, and are committed to providing the support, skills and development needed to succeed. This post is eligible for a Golden Hello payment of �2,750 for new starters who are external to the Trust. This is payable in 3 instalments over a 2 year period. This payment is only eligible to new starters who do not already hold a contract of employment with the Trust. This post also includes paid enhancements for unsocial hours working during night, weekends and bank holidays.Main duties of the job
To provide a defined level of assessment and access to Social Work interventions for a diverse patient group and their families under the Care Programme Approach, who present with significant mental health problems/disorders
To provide realistic, timely and occasionally intensive Social Work interventions to patients within a community setting.
To demonstrate active clinical and managerial leadership skills within the team, providing education and supervision to junior staff members and other professionalsAbout us
Nottinghamshire Healthcare employs over 10,000 colleagues who help #MakeADifference every day. We provide intellectual disability, mental health, community health, forensic and offender healthcare services across Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and South Yorkshire. Care is delivered from over 120 sites within the community from acute settings and across low, medium and high secure environments including prisons.
As one of the largest mental health and community trusts in the East Midlands and one of the biggest employers in Nottinghamshire. We are also home to national and regional services such as the National High Secure Deaf Service and the Nottingham Centre for Transgender Health.
We are committed to flexible and agile working, including the opportunity to join our bank.
Your health and wellbeing is our priority and as such we invest significantly in this via our in-house Occupational Health Service, Staff Counselling Service and Health and Wellbeing Team.
We offer a number of employee-led staff networks, including Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) groups, our Green Champions Network, Freedom to Speak Up Network. Health and Wellbeing Champions Network and Menopause Champions. We provide care to a diverse range of communities and are passionate about supporting diversity and inclusion in the Trust.
If you believe in our values of Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork, then we would love to hear from you!
#TeamNottsHCJob descriptionJob responsibilities
To provide a defined level of assessment and access to Social Work interventions for a diversepatient group and their families under the Care Programme Approach, who present with significantmental health problems/disordersTo provide realistic, timely and occasionally intensive Social Work interventions to patients within acommunity setting.To demonstrate active clinical and managerial leadership skills within the team, providing educationand supervision to junior staff members and other professionalsPerson SpecificationessentialEssential
- Professional Qualification in Social Work to degree level or equivalent.
- Maintains current registration with Social Work England
- Further specialist knowledge/post registration experience in specific service area or other formal training.
- Ability to work as part of a team Good written/oral communication skills Diplomatic, caring & sympathetic Ability to be flexible and handle conflict issues
- Ability to work to meet the needs to the service Holds UK Driving Licence
- Demonstrate continued professional development to maintain professional registration
- Awareness of national and local issues impacting of nursing care
- Good skills in assessment intervention and evaluation of patients nursing care. Clinical supervision skills IT skills
Values and BehavioursEssential
- A high level of emotional intelligence
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oAll colleagues are expected to demonstrate that they act in line with Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Values: Trust Honesty Respect Compassion Teamwork
- oAll colleagues are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) and how it applies to their role. The Trust's expectations are highlighted within our EDI Policy, and associated EDI and Human Rights legislation
Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Newark & Sherwood Local mental health Team
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.