Following the opening of the brand new Acute Medical Floor at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital at the beginning of this year, which saw the expansion and co-location of our medical assessment, admissions and short stay facilities, we are now expanding our workforce.We are looking for dedicated Staff Nurses to join our team on 22SS. Whether you're an experienced nurse looking for your next move, or you're still early in your nursing career, you'll find a welcoming and supportive environment here at SaTH to encourage you to reach your full potential with the Acute Medical Floor team.Main duties of the job
- To be responsible for assessing individual patient care needs and developing, implementing and evaluating plans of care for a group of patients in accordance with agreed policies and professional guidelines.
- To take charge of the ward for a span of duty, normally working under the supervision of senior staff.
- To work flexibly to meet the needs of the service.
As a Trust, we are passionate about helping our staff to achieve their career aspirations, and can offer a variety of learning and development opportunities to support your continued professional development. Working with the Transforming Care Institute we can also offer in-house training such as degree/master modules, secondments and acting up opportunities.
We are an organisation that strives to provide high quality, safe care for our patients in an environment which our staff are proud to work in. We believe that by adhering to our Vision (To provide excellent care for the communities we serve) and working with our Trust Values in mind (Partnering, Ambitious, Caring, Trusted) we can achieve the right results for the people that matter most - our patients and their families.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor full duties and responsibilities please refer to the attached document entitled Job Description.Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse (adult)
- Relevant diploma or equivalent experience
- Literacy & numeracy Level 2 or equivalent (GCSE A - C)
- Appropriate level of verbal and written English language skills
- Degree or willing to work towards degree.
- Mentorship qualification.
- Experience of working in an acute healthcare environment.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Post qualification experience of working in an acute NHS Trust.
- Experience working within a specialty.
The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS TrustAddress
The Royal Shrewsbury Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.