We are excited to be offering an opportunity for one
Senior Clinical/Counselling Psychologists to join adult community psychological services in Mid Essex. These are full time posts but we can consider part time hours. We also welcome newly qualified applicants who can be initially appointed at a band 7 with preceptorship to 8A in due course.
This post comes with many CPD opportunities with the Trust offering up to�6000 in CPD funding
: we are currently training staff in EMDR, SCM, Schema Therapy, DBT, CBT-p and CBT for PD through the Health Education England scheme. There will be plenty of opportunities for you to take up further training in a specialist evidence-based model. EPUT also offers a fantasticrelocation package of up to �8,000
. Covering a number of expenditures for new recruits relocating from 30 miles or more from their new work base at EPUT. If you would like more information please firstname.lastname@example.orgMain duties of the job
Adult community psychological services are integrated within multi-disciplinary teams covering a broad geographical area, with bases in Chelmsford and Braintree. You will be working alongside a variety of experienced professionals from different backgrounds. We focus on providing a variety of psychological interventions to service users with highly complex and severe presentations who are also under the care of community teams.
The post-holder will be expected to become proficient in the delivery of one or more specialist evidence based psychological interventions (e.g. Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Structural Clinical Management, Cognitive Analytic Therapy or Schema Therapy) and contribute to the management and running of these therapeutic programmes. We are looking for someone also skilled in multi-disciplinary treatment planning, who can form the premises of respectful and collegial relationships with members of various disciplines and rise to the challenges posed by working in large teams and across teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within supportive MDTs and highly experienced clinical/counselling psychology and psychotherapy colleagues. We are looking for someone competent and experienced in delivering psychological assessments and interventions who is capable of assessing and managing clients and situations at high risk. Experience of offering consultations and developing clinical formulations is essential.About us
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further details on the job description and main responsibilities, please refer to the job description and person specification documents in this advert.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Doctoral level training in clinical or counselling psychology (or its equivalent), including models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and neuropsychology, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology as accredited by the HCPC.
- Post-doctoral qualifications in one of these: DBT/CBT for PD/CAT/Schema Therapy/CBT-p/EMDR/Family Therapy/SCM/MBT or other evidence based models for the treatment of complex cases, personality disorders, psychosis or an interest in pursuing these.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of the use of complex methods of psychological assessment and intervention.
- Ability to critically analyse and review research findings and reports.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse, and the threat of physical abuse
- Demonstrates an understanding of the Trust Core Values
- Ability to deal effectively with multiple priorities whilst working under pressure and meet deadlines as required
- Able to demonstrate a level of flexibility, innovation and creativity in the working environment
- Ability to prioritise own work load and give support to other staff in relation to priorities when required
- Ability to lead, facilitate and support group work
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.