Calling all qualified PWPs! Come and join our caring, supportive, inspiring NHS Talking Therapies team here in the beautiful South Lakes. If you are a registered PWP who is looking for the next step in their career then read on and see if we are what you are looking for:
We are the local NHS Talking Therapies service and we like to make sure that we offer a variety of options, as one size does not fit all. So not only are we a flexible service for staff, but also for those accessing our service, we offer a mix of face to face support, telephone sessions and video therapy. In addition, we are looking to expand our group work offer. We are looking for a dynamic, hard working and enthusiastic individual, with the appropriate skills and experience in delivering guided self-help, to come and join our wonderful team.
If this is something you have had experience of and feel you have the skills to deliver with us, then don't delay.... apply today!Main duties of the job To provide high quality primary care NHS Talking Therapies services to adults with mild to moderate mental health problems. To work autonomously within professional guidelines and the overall framework of team policies and procedure. To deliver NHS Talking Therapies services in accordance with NICE guidelines, within agreed activity levels and model, meeting required key performance indicators (KPIs). To provide advice and consultation on client's care, to other clinicians and to non-professional carers. To promote wellbeing and social inclusion. To work flexibly and in accordance with service demands. This may include support or clinical supervision of band 4 practitioners where appropriate. To work to the agreed number of clinical contacts per week as set by the Team Lead About us
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached job description and person specification for more information about this role.Person SpecificationEducation/ QualificationsEssential
- Completion* of a recognised qualification for the role e.g. PWP Post Graduate Certificate (or Qualified Graduate Mental Health Worker with a 2022 competency certificate)
- Registration as PWP with BABCP or BPS (completed or in progress)* *If a current PWP trainee employment will be contingent on successful completion of training and subsequent registration
- Knowledge of NHS structures and policy within a primary care context.
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of psychological work with common mental health problems
- Experience of short term time-limited work.
- Evidence of regular supervised practice.
- Experience of promoting wellbeing and social inclusion.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to sustain intense levels of concentration responding and participating as required.
- Ability to self-reflect and use clinical supervision appropriately.
- Ability to cope and deal with highly distressing emotional circumstances.
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation TrustAddress
IAPT South Lakes
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.