The Outpatient department staff nurse is an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team which contributes to the positive patient experience of the service they receive.
The postholder will be expected to carry out all relevant forms of care without direct supervision and is required to teach junior staff, both qualified and unqualified. When designated is expected to take charge of a Ward or Department.
- To assess, plan, implement and assist with the evaluation of individual programmes of care for patient who attend outpatients.
- Offer advice and support to the patient's families and friends responding to their individual needs.
- Communicate with all members of the multi-disciplinary team to facilitate continuity of care.
In pursuing these duties the post holder will ensure compliance with the NHS Constitution and be familiar with the NHS England Guidance 'Understanding the new NHS'.Main duties of the job
- Maintain a high standard of nursing care for patients who attend Outpatient and in accordance with Airedale Hospital Trust's guidelines and protocols.
- Develop good working relationships with nursing colleagues and members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Contribute towards the development of clinical practice by participating in practice, and self development programmes on the unit.
- Adheres to Airedale General Hospital Trust's policies and procedures relating to health and safety.
We are always looking for enterprising and innovative approaches to the way we provide our services. We are a national centre for telemedicine and introduced telehealth to the UK offender healthcare sector and also provide the service to patients in their care homes. Community matters to us and we are supported by 400 dedicated volunteers and have strong links with Bradford University, Craven College and Leeds City College to ensure we inspire the workforce of the future.We want to attract staff who embrace our Right Care behaviours of compassion, a commitment to quality of care and working together for patients we want to make these part of our DNA.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information and full details of the job role please see the attached job description and person specification.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Diploma Level or Equivalent
- Registered with NMC
- Degree in HealthCare/Nursing
- Completed 6 months preceptorship following registration
- Recognised teaching qualification
- Skilled Clinician
- Able to motivate others
- Leadership qualities
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Can lead by example and demonstrate teaching and coaching skills
- IV & Phlebotomy skills
Airedale NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Airedale General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.