Senior Occupational Therapist - Band 6 - Mental Health Liaison Team:
There is an exciting opportunity to work as a Senior Occupational Therapist within the Mental Health Liaison Team.
The MHLT is based at the Royal Stoke University Hospital. The team is multi-disciplinary, comprising nurses, social workers, medical staff, a psychologist and an occupational therapist.
We provide psychiatric assessments and short term intervention to patients attending the emergency portals and in-patient wards at the Royal Stoke and at local Community Hospitals Haywood, Cheadle and Bradwell.
We also deliver training and education to general hospital colleagues in order to improve their knowledge, skills and confidence in the basics of management of the common mental health problems (depression, dementia, delirium, anxiety, CAMHS) that they encounter in their day-to-day practice.Main duties of the job
North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust aims to provide accessible, non-stigmatising local services that contribute to the assessment, intervention, treatment, rehabilitation and enablement of those using the services within the Acute and Urgent Care Directorate. To provide specialist assessment and interventions to identify and address occupational performance needs in self-care, productivity and leisure to support the safe and effective assessment and discharge of patients. The service is wholly committed to working with service users and their families/ carers using Person Centred Planning approaches to maximize independence, choice and control. The Occupational Therapist has a lead role in promoting, enhancing and maintaining the health and wellbeing of service users with a mix of complex health needs.About usAWARDED TRUST OF THE YEAR
Our vision is 'To be Outstanding in all we do and how we do it.' Our team prides themselves on compassion, team work and resilience.
The Team will offer a full induction package.
Our Trust is on an incredible journey of innovation and we'd like you to be part of it. To excel you will be an enthusiastic, caring and compassionate person who is looking to work within a Trust that is ambitious to perform well and has been told by the Care Quality Commission that it is the fastest improving Mental Health Trust in the Country.
In return we offer
A competitive progressive salary
We cover the cost of your DBS Check (�44)
Competitive staff benefits such as weekly offers and discounts
Individual Personal Development Plan and Career Progression
Excellent pension scheme available
27- 33 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays (pro rata)
Free parkingJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- Be a member of the Liaison Psychiatry Team demonstrating the ability to make decisions and influence the development of services, and work with clients in a variety of health / community settings.
- Participate in the development of an evolving Acute and Urgent Care service.
- Participate in the development and provision of the Occupational Therapy role in North Staffordshire.
- To participate in the planning, development and evaluation of occupational therapy services within a designated area / team holding responsibility for a defined caseload and projects.
- Effectively manage and prioritise a designated caseload.
- Will be required to teach staff including both students and qualified and unqualified team members.
- To actively promote and maintain effective communication between multi-disciplinary/agency professionals across agencies to ensure co-ordinated and high quality care for patients and their families
- Appropriate professional qualification Diploma/Degree in Occupational Therapy.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Minimum of two years post graduate experience within the role of Occupational Therapist.
North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare TrustAddress
Stoke on Trent
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.