We are currently advertising a 12 months secondment to cover Maternity leave.
The Croydon Assessment & Liaison (A& L) Service is made up of three teams (North, South & Central) and are all based at Jeanette Wallace House in Croydon. We provide advice on the best treatment and care options available to people between the ages of 18-65 living in the London Borough of Croydon who have moderate to severe mental illness, such as anxiety, depression or personality disorder. We work with a team of health and social care professionals including nurses, doctors, social workers, psychologists We also work closely with the patients, their carers and GPs.Main duties of the job
A& L is often the first point of contact for many service users and we aim to provide a service which is tailored to individual needs, ensuring that the people we work with receive the right care at the right time and in the right setting.
The Aim of the Assessment & Liaison Team is:
- To make sure people who are referred to the service are seen by the most appropriate member of the multi-professional team
- To offer education, consultation and guidance to colleagues to support them in successfully treating more people in primary care.
- The service will be sensitive to the needs of the local population and will ensure equity of access and service delivery for all service users regardless of ethnic background, gender, culture, marital status, sexual orientation or physical disability.
The A& L teams provide a range of medical, psychosocial and psychological evidence-based interventions in line with NICE guidelines and the Engagement Assessment and Stabilisation (EAS) pathway.About usBenefits
Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
Other benefits include:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave,we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance,flexible working and support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working and job sharing.
- Career development,There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- NHS discounts,with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Croydon Carers parking permit
- Counselling services
- Wellbeing events
To oversee and provide assessment, planning, of care to a group of service users within Croydon Assessment and Liaison team Ensuring records associated with this process are maintained. To work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team and across other agencies. To provide a high quality of care to individuals with complex bio psychosocial needs. The post holder will carry out procedures to a standard that ensures safe and effective care, and complies with their relevant professional code of conduct. The post holder will clinically supervise and appraise junior staff and students. There will be an expectation that the post holder will facilitate user involvement in all aspects of service delivery.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) or other professional registration e.g. Social Work and Occupational Therapy.
- training, student supervisor/assessor
- Ability to assess formulate and plan care
- An ability to develop therapeutic relationships with service users, identifying their care needs
- Experience of working in community mental health settings (i.e. Home Treatment Team, CMHT) or acute inpatient settings
- Experience of working in an MDT setting
- Experience of managing a caseload
- A knowledge and understanding of the needs of people with mental health problems
- Current up to date knowledge of relevant legislation
- A knowledge of evidence based interventions for people with complex mental health problems.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of wider local organisations to support recovery plans for service users Ability to role model, reflect and provide evidence of conflict resolution
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Jeanette Wallace House
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.