An exciting opportunity has arisen for a staff nurse to work with the Thornton District Nurses Team. This 30 hour post is a permanent contract
If you would like to join our team in providing high quality District Nursing Services, are innovative, enthusiastic, enjoy developing yourself and others and have a positive attitude to change, we would like to hear from you.
NMC Level 1 Registration (Adult Branch), IT skills and car driver essential, enhanced CRB clearance required.Main duties of the job
To work as part of a Community integrated Nursing and therapy team working in the Community undertaking nursing duties in patients homes, clinics and health centres.
Assists the Nurse in Charge in the co-ordination and delivery of care to patients in their own homes or in treatment room, in line with District Nursing Strategy nationally and locally.About us
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is a large, integrated provider of acute and community services to the 445,000 population of the Fylde coast health economy and the estimated 11 million visitors to the seaside town of Blackpool. With patients and families at the heart of all we do, we are committed to creating a culture that empowers our staff and inspires us all to deliver first class clinical care. We form a central part of the Healthier Fylde Coast Integrated Care Partnership and our progressive approach to partnership working in the area provides an enviable opportunity to redesign and deliver services that meet the challenges of today's health system.
We are not underestimating the challenges facing today's health system but believe there are the foundations here in Blackpool to deliver truly excellent, integrated services that can make a major impact on the lives of the thousands of people we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Provide a high standard of evidence based nursing care to patients in the Community.
Use a high level of communication skills with patients and their families, including those with English as a second language or learning disabilities, to communicate condition-related
Actively seek to promote health both individually and to patients and carers.
Administer drugs within NMC guidelines. Develop and demonstrate underpinning knowledge and clinical competence atadvanced skills which include:Central line careWound care (simple and complex)Tracheostomy careVaccination and ImmunisationPhlebotomy (Difficult and routine)Syringe driver use and careDoppler assessment diagnostic & ongoingCross-prescribingChronic Disease reviews Please ensure you have read the attached job description and person specification before submitting your application.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse level 1
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- V 150 Non-medical prescriber or willingness to undertake.
- Mentorship qualification
- NVQ Assessor
- Able to deal with difficult situations.
- Ability to Identify and assess patient's needs.
- Ability to use resources appropriately
- 18-24 month's community experience.
- Multidisciplinary working
- Chronic disease management
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good team worker.
- Ability to organize self and others by prioritizing and delegating as needed.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to teach.
- IT literate.
- Clinical audit knowledge or ability to participate.
- Willing to develop professionally.
- Up to date knowledge of current NHS issues and aware of current trends in the NHS.
- Good hand/eye coordination.
- Confident decision maker.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to make decisions on evidence based practice.
- Able to communicate sensitive information to patients.
- Ability to ensure equality and value diversity.
- Understand implications of lone working
- Flexible attitude to work
- Car owner/driver or suitable alternative transport to enable you to undertake the job
- Evidence of self development
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Thornton District Nurses
Church Road Thornton
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.