We are recruiting for a Deputy Payroll Manager, based in York as part of a small team
The post holder will provide management and supervision for all activities within the payroll and pensions department, using expert knowledge of ESR, GRS and WFM to ensure the monthly payrolls are processed in a timely manner.
The post holder will also be responsible for month end reconciliations in respect of PAYE, NI, Pensions and apprenticeship levy and all year end activities.Main duties of the job
- Provide management and supervision to all activities undertaken within the payroll department so that services are provided in an efficient manner consistent with necessary timescales
- Recruitment, appraisal and training of staff members, performance management and attendance.
- Responsible for the training of all new staff in payroll, pension and finance procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that all payments made are in line with Trust policies and to inform payroll staff of any new policies or procedures.
- Deputise in the absence of the Payroll Manager, across the full range of Payroll and Pension duties.
- Devise, review and monitor key performance indicators for the payroll department.
- Using expert knowledge of ESR, ensure that all locally agreed tables are maintained and updated accordingly.
- Responsible for planning and organising the work of the payroll team to ensure that all staff are paid accurately in line with monthly timescales.
- Responsible for the checking and reconciliation of payments to staff and external parties, in relation to monthly payrolls, and requesting authorised payment for salaries, payments to HMRC, Pensions agency and third-party deductions.
- Responsible for calculating, checking, and inputting entitlement and calculations in respect of maternity/paternity and adoption leave.
- Responsible for ensuring that all starters and leavers documentation, are processed in a timely manner
Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust is a forward-looking, ambitious organisation committed to being an exemplar within the health services community of the Yorkshire region and nationally.
As an anchor organisation linking the 3 ICSs of the Yorkshire Health economy, we set ourselves the highest standards, creating a culture shaped by compassionate leadership, common values and a shared vision.
We expect all staff to demonstrate excellent standards of behavior, professionalism and integrity. The post holder, as a senior member of staff, is explicitly required to challenge and eliminate all forms of discrimination, disadvantage and inequality, wherever it is found
You will share a commitment to our values: Compassion One Team Integrity Innovation EmpowermentJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- Responsible for checking input documents/ECF/WFM files prior to payroll submission.
- Responsible for checking procedures on payroll production
- Analysis, reconciliation and balance of complex monthly reports and preparation of payments due to HMRC and Pensions Agency in respect of tax, national insurance, and Pension contributions.
- Responsible for checking interim payments.
- Responsible for dealing with complex payroll related matters and pensions queries from both staff and the NHS Pensions Agency and provide information to outside bodies complying with the Data Protection Act.
- Responsible for dealing with contentious and sensitive payroll issues and complaints and taking action as necessary.
- Responds to correspondence and requests for information, in relation to accidents, mortgages, pensions etc.
- Compose and prepare complex reports using various formats including spreadsheets and databases.
- Responsible for ensuring P11ds are complete
For full role details and job responsibilities please see attached job description.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- CIPP Qualified
- Degree or equivalent experience
- In depth & Detailed knowledge of GRS
- Detailed Knowledge of WFM
- In Depth and Specialised Knowledge of ESR
- Previous supervisory/management experience within the NHS
- Significant experience in a public sector payroll/finance office and extensive experience in a financial environment
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent IT skills
- Specialised knowledge of payroll legislation
- Specialised knowledge and application of PAYE and NI legislation.
- Detailed knowledge of RTI
Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.