Are you a SCPHN Health Visitor who is highly motivated with excellent team working and communication skills? If so then we would love you to come and join us!
It's an exciting time to be working in Milton Keynes 0-19 Universal Service. Skill mixed corporate teams, working across localities delivering the Healthy Child Programme.
We can offer you:
- Recruitment and Retention premia of 6% **T& C's apply, further information given at interview
Main duties of the job
- A friendly, welcoming, nurturing and encouraging work environment that will support you in your practice and development
- Full and planned local induction and with an allocated mentor
- StrongPreceptorship programme for newly qualified staff.
- On site management support and supervision
- Opportunities for leadership and career development with our 21 Century Leadership Programme.
- A strong focus on staff wellbeing and access to excellent staff engagement programs and support services via our People Development team.
- Embedded program of clinical, management, and safeguarding supervision. Personal development, access to appropriate training for your job and line management support to succeed.
Ifyou are an enthusiastic and motivated Health Visitor who wants to be part of our journey then please contact us for a discussion about our plans and what we can offer each other. We would also like to hear from you if you are SCPHN Health Visitor Student due to qualify. We actively encourage any applicants to come and meet the leadership team and 0-19 colleagues.
Our service offer:
We deliver a full universal offer around the 5 mandated checks and work in strong partnership with statutory and voluntary agencies.
Using a Quality Improvement (QI) approach we aim to achieve equity of health outcomes for the local population
You should have a relevant qualification in nursing, and be a Specialist Community Public Health Nursing Practitioner (Health Visitor)
Our core hours of service are Monday to Friday 09.00-17.00 and we support flexible and agile working to meet the needs of our service.
The successful applicant may have contact with patients or service users. As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination as this remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients and service users when working on our healthcare settings. About us
Take a look at what its like to work in the Health Visiting team in MK
Click/copy this link to view.
Work with us in Milton Keynes Health Visiting Team :: Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust (cnwl.nhs.uk)
Our commitment as an employer & in accordance with the NHS constitution is to provide you with:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Buy & Sell Annual Leave
- an attractive pension scheme (including a tax-free lump sum on retirement and family benefits for dependants ill health retirement benefits and life assurance cover of twice your annual pay).
- Employee Assistance programme: a free and confidential service to help with personal life
- Physio Med: an education zone, advice line and treatment service for staff
- Staff Wellbeing Zone for free and confidential online health and wellbeing programmes
- The Recovery College: offers a range of health and wellbeing courses for staff
- A range of staff networks: The PRIDE@CNWL Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and other sexual and gender minorities (LGBT+) Network Disabled Employees Network
- Lived Experience of Mental Health Staff Network
- Carers at Work Network
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Network (BME)
- Discounts and savings at hundreds of retailers nationwide with My Trust Benefits: You can save money on your weekly food shops, household bills, toiletries, and cosmetics, cinema tickets, meals out and holidays or weekend breaks.
- Salary sacrifice
- Travel discounts
- Interest free season ticket loans
1. Undertake initial family health needs assessments or delegate the responsibility where appropriate to other members of the team.2. Identify vulnerable families and mobilise appropriate resources.3. Prioritise workload to reflect a service based on reducing health inequalities.4. Manage workload in a corporate way within the integrated team.5. Ensure effective and equitable management of workload within the team.6. Be pro-active in multi agency networking and collaboration to improve life chances for all children.7. Offer Health Visitor expertise to clients within a community setting.8. Manage and develop skill mixed staff within the integrated team.9. Identify actual or suspected child abuse. Follow Milton Keynes Multi-Agency Code of Practice and Community Health Services child protection polices.10. Attend child protection conferences and core groups as required or delegate responsibility where appropriate to other members of the team.11. Work in partnership with vulnerable families to enable optimum health gains. Undertake risk assessments prior to home visits.12. Undertake child/family assessments and agree programme of child health screening and health promotion activity.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Specialist Community Public Health Nurse
- Mentorship Qualification
- Community Practitioner Nurse Prescriber
- Evidence of caseload management and office organisational skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of leading out in the implementation of community initiatives
- Experience of multi agency working
Central and North West London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
March End Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.