We are seeking to recruit an Anticoagulant Nurse Specialist to our expanding multidisciplinary team of scientists, nurses and support workers in the delivery of anticoagulation across Birmingham and the Black Country. Providing a high quality service that is patient centered is important to us and the successful candidate will be a highly motivated and enthusiastic nurse with a flexible, dynamic approach to patient care.Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will be NMC registered with significant experience including experience at specialist level within anticoagulation or relevant clinical area, and have, or be required to successfully complete, a non-medical prescribing qualification.
The role will be essential in supporting the development of the service and other colleagues in the team.
In addition you need to have held a full UK driving licence for at least 12 months with no more than 3 penalty points.
Core hours of work are between 8:00am -17:30pm Monday to Friday, working hours to be agreed but the successful candidate must have a level of flexibility.
This is an ideal opportunity for the successful applicant to further develop their skills working as part of a dynamic and expanding team where innovative thinking is fostered and encouraged.About us
Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust (SWBT) is an integrated care organisation with a budget of approximately �600 million and over 7,000 staff. Diversity and social care is at the core of what we do as the Trust provides Community and Acute Services to over half a million people in an urban centre that demands massive regeneration and has substantial premature mortality.
Our new acute hospital, the Midland Metropolitan University Hospital (MMUH), opens next year and will provide care to our local population from first class, purpose-built premises. The development of the new hospital will play an important role in the regeneration of the wider area and in improving the lives of local people and reducing health inequalities.
We have three newly emerging strategic objectives:
1. Our People - to cultivate and sustain happy, productive and engaged staff
2. Our Patients - to be good or outstanding in everything we do
3. Our Population - to work seamlessly with our partners to improve liveJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details on what this role entails.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Significant nursing post registration experience
- Proven experience in specialist role or evidence of caring for patients on anticoagulation treatments
- Proven experience in the involvement in teaching and learning initiatives
- Driver with full driving license
- Proficient IT and keyboard skills
- Evidence of supporting others within the clinical environment
- Experience of audit initiatives and other quality initiatives
- Able to demonstrate commitment to high quality patient care
- Experience and evidence in implementing change
- Evidence of implementing research-based practice
- Knowledge of anticoagulant clinic functions and systems
- Community experience
- Experience of taking part in anticoagulant clinics, dosing patients.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- NMC Nurse Registration
- Non Medical Prescriber or prepared to work towards
- Leadership Course or willing to work towards within a specified time frame
- ENB 998 (Teaching and Assessing in Clinical /D33/D32Practice), or equivalent course
Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS TrustAddress
SWB NHS Trust - Cross Site
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.