The Head and Neck Clinical Business Unit, within the Division of Surgery, are looking for an exceptional nurse leader to provide high quality patient-focused care within the Ophthalmology Outpatient Department based primarily at Peterborough City Hospital. This is a full-time role and it is expected that the successful candidate will work these hours between Monday to Friday.
Although this is based in Peterborough City Hospital there is an expectation that the post holder will be available to work at all North West Anglia sites, in particular, Stamford Hospital.Main duties of the job
The post holder will have overall continuing clinical responsibility for managing the Ophthalmology Outpatients department which includes its' finances, the deployment, delegation and clinical and administrative supervision of all grades of staff and ensuring high standards of patient care and safety, within the resources available.About us
We are committed to ensure a work-life balance to all our staff by offering full time and part time roles, flexible working hours on a shift pattern to fit around your family life.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) and candidates form our local communities.
Benefits to you:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- 27 days annual leave for new starters, rising to 29 days after five years of service and 33 days after 10 years of service, plus 8 Bank Holidays (pro-rata for part time staff)
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Flexible working opportunities
- Increased hourly rates for unsociable hours e.g. night shifts, weekends, bank holidays
- Career development and training
- Wellbeing support and activities
- In-house physiotherapy Service
- On-site canteens with subsidised meals
- Subsidised staff parking (currently free)
- Free Stagecoach Bus Travel to and from work within Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
The post holder will be a key member of the multidisciplinary team ensuring appropriate referral and discussion with other members of the team to optimise patient care.
Responsible for the supervision of patient assessment, planning, documentation, implementation and evaluation of care in line with local and national guidelines delegating appropriately.
Act as a clinical role model delivering care, working alongside staff and supervising registered and unregistered nurses in the delivery of care to acute and chronically sick patients in varying stages of illness and from diverse ethnic backgrounds.
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring a good learning environment for all staff, overseeing the provision of educational opportunities within this area.
To act as an accountable role model through the provision of professional leadership and demonstration of competent, confident and innovative practice.
To support and inspire colleagues working in the relevant field in developing essential and advanced skills and competent professional practice.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- Registered NMC Nurse
- 4 Years post qualifying experience
- Clinical speciality post registration qualification
- Management qualification or demonstrable experience
- ILS/ALS trained
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Evidence of a high level of Nursing Practice. Uses evidence base practice to support patient care delivery.
- Proven management experience.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of managing teams
North West Anglia NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Peterborough City Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.