As a pharmacy service, we pride ourselves in delivery of high quality care and medicines management support to our patients
This clinical role provides an exciting opportunity to provide leadership and expertise to other pharmacists and technicians within the Trust and move the pharmacy strategy forward into the wider setting across secondary and primary care. Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across health and social care is key in ensuring the provision of seamless care, improving safety and health outcomes for our patients.
The successful applicant will be the clinical lead for three inpatient wards in Essex and will also provide a holistic clinical pharmacy service on Thorndon ward in Brentwood Community Hospital and Mountnessing Court.
Applicants should have strong clinical pharmacy skills, be highly motivated, have excellent communication skills and the ability to problem solve and work as an effective member of the team. This is a highly rewarding role, playing a pivotal role with medicines optimisation in rehabilitation services, working collaboratively within NELFT and with our partners in the ICB to progress medicines effectiveness and medicines and governance initiatives.
If you have experience in hospital and community health settings and are passionate about supporting vulnerable patients get the best from their medicines and improving quality of life, we would be really keen to hear from you.Main duties of the job
About usProbationary Period
- Providing a service to patients which optimises patient outcomes and improves patient experience, working within patient care pathways across sectors and healthcare boundaries.
- Reviewing medication compliance and developing strategies to promote adherence whilst maintaining patient's autonomy.
- Providing specialist advice and undertaking patient centred clinical reviews to manage people with complex polypharmacy, adherence issues and comorbidities.
- Developing processes to identify and prevent unnecessary medicines-related hospital admissions and facilitate discharges.
- Supporting the development and implementation of medicines management initiatives in Community Health Services (CHS). Promoting high quality medicine use, effective risk management, clinical governance, and adherence to policies and guidelines concerning medicines use across all settings.
- Developing pharmacy education and training activities within Essex directorate.
- Overseeing the medicines enquiry answering service within the Essex Directorate in NELFT.
- Working collaboratively with pharmacy colleagues and supporting clinical services to inpatient wards as needed.
- Raising the profile of the pharmacy team by embedding medicines management within the community services integrated care model.
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff). Starting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction of up to two weeks which will include mandatory training, systems training and the allocation of equipment. As part of the process new starters will have the opportunity to also meet the executive team, senior managers and attend a number of drop in sessions focussing in engagement, health and wellbeing and key processes. The induction will be held at our head office in Rainham, Essex. High Cost Area Supplement
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 5% of the basic salary (with a minimum of �1,192 to a maximum of �2,011) COVID-19 Vaccination
We continue to encourage all staff to ensure that they have been double vaccinated and received their booster. We recognise that taking the vaccine provides the best defence against COVID 19 for our patients, our staff and their families. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached job description and person specification for further details on the vacancy.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- oRegistration with General Pharmaceutical Council
- oPost-graduate Diploma in Clinical Pharmacy/Practice
- RPS Membership
- Management Qualification
- oAwareness of NHS service delivery and clinical governance practices
- oClinical pharmacy knowledge in frailty, geriatrics, general medicine and community services
- Hospital Pharmacy Experience
- Directorate or Specialist Pharmacist Experience
- Experience of writing and reviewing policies, procedures and clinical guidelines
- Public or patient facing experience
- Education and training of junior pharmacy staff and MDT
- Experience of working in a community collaborative across the ICS
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oAble to prioritise and organise workload
- oTo be able to work flexibly in order to meet the needs of the dept
- oExperience of delivering training to all grades of staff
- oExperience of performing and managing clinical audits
- oDemonstrate initiative and problem solving skills.
NELFT North East London Foundation TrustAddress
Christopher Martin Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.