Our Specialist Community Eating Disorder Service continues to expand, and we are really excited to invite applications from motivated and experienced dieticians to join our dynamic MDT and which we hope will enhance our existing dietetic provision in the service.
With an excellent reputation and strong links to CAMHS and paediatric teams across the GM network, our existing and well-established eating disorder team, works with young people aged 8-18, with a primary diagnosis of an eating disorder. We are also in the process of developing a new ARFID treatment pathway and some of the postholders time will be dedicated to progressing this workstream. Main duties of the job
Within your specialist clinical role you will take a lead in providing a highly specialist dietetic service which involves specialist assessment and treatment/interventions to young people, their families, and to other, non-professional carers.
You will also be expected to offer advice, consultation, supervision and training to other professionals within the service and across the Directorate who are engaged in dietetic work. The post holder will exercise autonomous judgement in professional practice within professional guidelines and the overall framework of the service policies and procedures.About us
We are committed to delivering the best possible care and treatment for our patients. The successful candidate will share this commitment and demonstrate our Trust values, and by doing so will make a positive difference to children and young people's life chances.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the job description and person specification to support your application for this post which highlights in detail the skills, knowledge and experience you will need to demonstrate in your application. Essentially though, you need to
- Have an interest/passion for improving life experience for young people and families.
- Have substantial experience of working with children, adolescents and families presenting with eating disorders.
- Act as an independent practitioner and be professionally and legally accountable and responsible for all aspects of your own work including a highly specialist clinical caseload.
- Use highly developed communication skills to communicate dietary intervention to patients and carers.
- Develop effective working relationships with other appropriate agencies to ensure provision of individual, planned, co-ordinated and integrated dietetic care.
- Actively participate in multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Provide expert advice to patients and carers. This may include full assessment and provision of patient centred, evidence based highly specialised nutritional care plans which are both realistic and practical, taking into account the patients medical, psychological, social and cultural needs as well as taking into account the needs of the carer and adjust care plans to facilitate achievement of goals.
- Act as a source of highly specialist information and advice on current best practice in mental health dietetics for colleagues, other health care professionals and clinicians.
- Work with patients with complex needs, including communication impairment and lack of capacity.
- Be able to make recommendations about the safe and appropriate use of nutritional supplements, drug prescriptions and interactions relating to nutritional intake.
- Be responsible for advising on the procurement / ordering of suitable enteral feeding products and equipment for the service in line with budget requirements.
- Devise, monitor and review highly specialised care plans against outcome measures to facilitate the achievement of goals.
- Gain valid consent to treatment and negotiate change with patients by breaking down barriers, using motivational skills, to enable them to achieve dietary targets set.
- Undertake designated specialist outpatient clinics.
- Ensure safe and timely discharge of patients, liaising with appropriate internal and external agencies.
Accurately report / record all assessment and interventions in medical notes in line with Trust policy.Person SpecificationQualifictaion / ExperienceEssential
- Core Professional Dietetic Qualification - HCPC registered
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Masters degree Clinical Dietetics
Pennine Care NHS FTAddress
CAMHS Stopford House, Piccadilly
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.