Working within the Trust's Information Services Team the post holder will be part of divisional support providing reporting to operational colleagues. Previous applicants need not re-applyMain duties of the job
They will support and provide backup to the Divisional Information Manager with data collection, understanding of policy and guidance and implementation of information systems. They will also be for responsible for the production of key internal & external reporting defined by NHSE/I.
The post holder will support operational and information colleagues to ensure high quality information is collected and reported in a timely manner. Providing expert advice on national guidance and how this is implemented with the Trust. The post holder will be integral to the collation of the national daily submissions and how this information is disseminated to support transformation of patient flow.
The post holder will have excellent technical skills & knowledge.About us
You will be working alongside a team of experienced and highly skilled analysts, validation officers and data warehouse experts.
You will be required to be flexible and adaptable as you will provide support across all functions of the team. We are looking for staff with commitment to quality and care and working together for patients.
The Trust is committed to supporting staff in balancing their work and home lives and encourages staff to discuss their individual needs with their department in order to arrive at mutually satisfactory working arrangements.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
1. Support the Divisional Information Manager with regular and ad hoc requests
2. Support operational staff and divisions to enable data-driven decisions for the benefit of patients and the hospital.
3. Ensure daily and monthly submissions are made in line with national guidance.
4. Support clinical colleagues with administrative and reporting duties in relation to transformation and service improvement.
5. Contribute to the design, development, implementation and training of information systems
6. In conjunction with the Trusts Data Warehouse team Identify and rectify any failure of the daily processes.
7. In conjunction with the Trusts Data Warehouse team identify and advice on appropriate access controls data collection and reporting systems.
8. Ensure data is available in a timely manner, establishing automation of reports whenever possible.
9. Proactively investigate and address data quality issues. Assist staff with the identification of data entry errors.
10. Provide advice on the correct interpretation of hospital information.
11. Represent the Information Team as appropriate at meetings and on projects.
12. Provide adhoc reports as requested by senior managers & clinicians.
13. Support finance colleagues with information required for service line reporting.
14. Promote data quality throughout the Trust, ensuring consistency to the NHS Data Dictionary Definitions and adherence to NHS Information standards.
15. Assists and supports other members of the team as required.
16. Undertake any other duties in support of the work of the information team as may reasonably be required.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree or equivalent qualification / experience.
- Training in industry standard business intelligence tools
- Information analysis experience including collating, analysing and presenting information
- Experience of using and extracting information from different systems
Knowledge & SkillsEssential
- Experience of writing SQL queries
- Experience of using the HRG grouper software.
- Experience of working within an acute NHS Trust.
- First class spreadsheet skills
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Database manipulation and reporting skills using tools such as: MS SQL Server, MS Reporting Services, MS PowerBI
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge and experience of health and NHS data standards and terminology.
- An understanding of basic statistics
- Knowledge of key information issues within the NHS including: The commissioning process, Payment by Results, Information Governance, Performance management
- Basic understanding of clinical coding
Airedale NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Airedale General Hospital
Airedale NHS Foundation Trust, Skipton Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.