Would you like a rewarding post working for West Suffolk Professionals as a Bank Community Nurse to work with the District Nursing Teams, covering the following areas:-
Mildenhall and Brandon
All the District Teams are friendly and supportive, who all work closely together to ensure our patients receive the best care in their own homes in a timely manner.
Previous Community experience not essential as on the job training and courses will be given.Main duties of the jobJOB PURPOSE:
To contribute in the delivery of high standards of health care to patients within their own homes, residential care homes, and in clinics, by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care. KEY TASKS:
To assess, plan and deliver healthcare for patients, for example with long term conditions, palliative care and rehabilitation needs, to achieve quality of life and independence where possible.
To work within the integrated team to facilitate early discharge from hospital.
To work within the integrated team to prevent unnecessary admission to hospital.
To work with all health care professionals, and statutory/non-statutory agencies to provide a seamless, integrated service to our service users.About us
#BeKnown at West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust. By us. By our patients. By our community
We are a busy, friendly, rural NHS Trust providing high-quality care and compassion to more than a quarter of a million people across west Suffolk. We care for, treat and support people in hospital, at home and in various community settings.
The West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds provides acute and secondary care services (emergency department, maternity and neonatal services, day surgery unit, eye treatment centre, Macmillan unit and children's ward). It has 500+ beds and is a partner teaching hospital of the University of Cambridge.
Adult and paediatric community services, provided in collaboration with West Suffolk Alliance partners, include a range of nursing, therapy, specialist, and ongoing temporary care and rehabilitation, some at our Newmarket Community Hospital.
We do our utmost to achieve outstanding clinical outcomes for patients and our values of fairness, inclusivity, respect, safety and team work guide how we work and behave as a team.
With nearly 5,000 staff, from all over the world, we strive to make our organisation a great place to work. Whatever your role or ambition, we want to help you be the best you can be.
We promote a diverse and inclusive community where everyones voice counts and you can #BeKnown for whoever you are.
Join us. What will you #BeKnown for?Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the job description and person specification attached for further information on the role.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationEssential
- RN Qualification (Part 1 of register) or equivalent.
- Current NMC registration
Experience and KnowledgeEssential
- Leg Ulcer Management
- IV Administration /cannulation
- ENB 998/mentorship preparation or equivalent
- Mentorship qualification is essential for the post, but not essential at interview
- Good communication skills which demonstrate tact, diplomacy, empathy and sensitivity
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal)
- Highly motivated
- Able to provide high standards of care
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to manage stressful situations
- Ability to be focussed undertake patient care and input accurate data/patient records
- A team player
- Able to work flexibly to accommodate patient/service needs
- Able to communicate effectively where there are barriers to understanding
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Previous experience working in the community
- Effective observational and reporting skills
- Good time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- IT and standard keyboard skills
- Leadership Skills
- Able to kneel, bend and stoop, and work in cramped environments
- Able to use specialist equipment requiring a high level of dexterity
- Able to manoeuvre limbs of around 5-6 kg
- Able to manoeuvre patients using handling aids
- Clinical reasoning skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to travel to all rural locations to carry out the post
West Suffolk NHS Foundation TrustAddress
West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust
BURY ST EDMUNDS
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.