South Staffordshire CAMHS are developing our psychological professions workforce.
We have recently strengthened our workforce through the development of a new Consultant Psychological Professional post and two Principal Psychological Professional posts for community CAMHS. We are delighted that our CAMHS development program led to the promotion of two Clinical Psychologists within our service and we now want to welcome additional Practitioner Psychologists to be part of our CAMHS multi-disciplinary teams.
We have a Clinical Psychologist post available within our Specialist CAMHS Team based at the West Chadsmoor Clinic, Cannock. The post is advertised at Band 8a, but we are able to accept applications from newly qualifying Clinical Psychologists seeking a Band 7-8a development post in 2024. The post is full-time (37.5 hours) but we will consider candidates seeking a part-time (minimum 30 hours) post. Staff can also request flexible working opportunities the working hours for CAMHS clinics are Monday-Friday, 9am- 5pm.Main duties of the job
The ideal candidates will be:
- Passionate about working with the children and young people seen in our community CAMH services.
- Collaborative in their approach to working with children, young people, their families/carers and networks.
- Excited about the opportunity to contribute to service developments.
- Keen to maximize what psychologists can deliver whilst also working with, and recognising the strengths of, the multi-disciplinary team.
- Able to provide child specialty placements to the Stafford Doctorate in Clinical Psychology Course.
By joining Team MPFT, you will be helping your communities and in return for this, we will support you by
- Supporting your career development and progression
- Excellent NHS Pension scheme
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Options for flexible working
- Up to 27 days annual leave (increasing with service up to 33 days) and the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Extensive Health and Wellbeing support and resources
- If you work in our community teams, we pay for your time travelling between patients
- Lease car if you complete more than 500 business miles per annum, fully insured and maintained (including tyres), mileage paid at lease car rate
- Salary sacrifice car - fully insured and maintained (including tyres), your gross pay is reduced by the cost of the vehicle before tax, NI and pension deductions are calculated, milage paid at business rate s
- Salary sacrifice bikes up to �2k
- Free car parking at all trust sites
- Free flu vaccinations every year
- Citizens Advice support linked with a Hardship Fund for one off additional support up to �250 (if the criteria is met)
And more. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive organisation and there is a choice of staff networks that help you meet like-minded people.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be responsible for the provision of a therapeutic psychological / mental health service to children and young people presenting with psychological distress and mental health difficulties. The role will incorporate complex assessments leading to psychological formulations and the delivery of effective interventions to this population. There will be ample opportunity to offer consultation and psychological formulation support and advice.
It is essential that the post-holders have NHS CAMHS experience, as they will hold a core CAMHS caseload, contribute to initial assessments, manage risk and act as case managers for their general caseload. Currently, there is a requirement to contribute to locality duty (during working hours) and CAMHS out of hours mental health rotas at the weekend. The out of hours (OOH) role for CAMHS is under review due to ongoing developments in other teams. The OOH demand is currently shared across CAMHS clinicians and is an infrequent requirement, planned in advance.
CAMHS staff need to be able to work in a range of settings, most usually clinic settings but also including home visits, residential settings, and schools as well as attending meetings at different sites. As such, the ability to travel across South Staffordshire is required. The impact of working in pandemic conditions has facilitated use of digital/remote working practices and this is likely to continue where it is of benefit.
Clinical and pre-qualified psychologists have strong professional links through our new senior psychology roles and through a supportive professional leadership structure sat within a children and families care group. Staff can also expect to have their own training needs supported via the appraisal system along with receiving regular clinical, professional and management supervision.
There is no doubt that these are busy and testing times for all CAMH services but the developments we have in process will also bring opportunities to improve access and support high quality and psychologically informed practice.
For informal discussion about this vacancy or further information please contact:
Dr Julie Warburton, Consultant Psychological Professional firstname.lastname@example.orgPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Doctoral level qualification in Clinical Psychology as recognized by the Health Professions Council (HCPC)
- Registered with the HCPC under a relevant practitioner psychologist title
- Completion of STAR (or equivalent) Clinical Psychology supervision training
- Eligible for Chartership status with the British Psychological Society
- Further training in a specific psychological model / interventions specific to the role remit/area of work
- Post-qualification experience of working therapeutically with children and young people with significant emotional or mental health difficulties, and their families/carers.
- Experience of contributing to the development of services.
- Experience of providing specialist psychological assessment and intervention across a full range of settings.
- Experience of consultation with professionals from both within the Health Service and Partner Agencies.
- Experience of teaching, training and supervision
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of group work
- Experience of conducting research and/or audit in clinical settings.
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
CAMHS West Chadsmoor Clinic
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.