Scope of the role
Main duties of the job
- Provide exceptional patient care which is underpinned by evidence based practice and OUH values.
- Work in partnership with the patients' family and friends to be actively involved in the caring process on behalf of the patient.
- Manage, direct and evaluate the nursing care for a defined caseload of patients.
- Communicate effective information to patients/relatives/carers/ and all members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrate high standards of nursing care, reflecting the beliefs about professional nursing practice and patient care commensurate with The Oxford Model for Exemplary Professional Nursing and Midwifery Practice.
- Develop and maintain specialist knowledge of nursing practice relevant to the clinical area.
- Undertake the responsibilities associated with being a mentor and preceptor reflecting the beliefs about professional nursing practice and patient care commensurate with the Oxford Model for Exemplary Professional and Nursing and Midwifery Practice.
- Demonstrably contribute towards the continuing development of professional nursing practice in the department.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner and be a role model to others at all times commensurate with The Code (NMC 2015).
- Work proactively to ensure every hospital visit meets the needs of the patient and that they are discharged in a timely manner ensuring effective communication with the family and/orrelevant agencies as agreed.
Fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced nurse to join this exciting role within Neurosciences. The main purpose of the role is,
- To co-ordinate the efficient and effective running of the Neurosurgery in patient wards.
- To manage the resources to deliver a safe and effective service, managing a team of Registered Nurses and Nursing Assistants.
- To establish and maintain key working relationships within and external to the departments, including the administrative, nursing and medical colleagues
- To participate in departmental management and governance arrangements, and to represent the department at relevant Trust wide meetings
- To contribute to the development of the departments in line with Trust's Strategic Objectives
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest NHS teaching trusts in the country. It provides a wide range of general and specialist clinical services and is a base for medical education, training and research. Find out more here www.ouh.nhs.uk
The Trust comprises four hospitals - the John Radcliffe Hospital, Churchill Hospital and Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Headington and the Horton General Hospital in Banbury.
Our values, standards and behaviours define the quality of clinical care we offer and the professional relationships we make with our patients, colleagues and the wider community. We call thisDelivering Compassionate Excellenceand its focus is on our values of compassion, respect, learning, delivery, improvement and excellence. These values put patients at the heart of what we do and underpin the quality healthcare we would like for ourselves or a member of our family. Watch how we set out to deliver compassionate excellence via theOUH YouTube channel.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
What we can offer you: We are a dynamic unit aiming to provide a service tailored to the individuals needs as well as ensuring our staff are supported through regular clinical supervision, educational programs and on-going professional development. The ward actively supports nurse-led activities, offering opportunities for professional and personal development.
Our focus is always to provide the best possible patient care and our values reflect those of the Trust: Compassion, Delivery, Excellence, Learning, Respect and Improvement.
What we are looking for :
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative nurse keen to develop managerial skills with the ability to problem solve, demonstrate leadership, and be motivated to support the ward sister, as well as role modelling and supporting junior team members and students.Person SpecificationValues and BehavioursEssential
- Able to demonstrate the ability to put patients at the heart of what you do and recognising different needs by encouraging a spirit of support, integrity, respect and teamwork.
- Able to proactively support colleagues in the delivery of care commensurate with Trust values and behaviours.
Leadership and ManagementEssential
- Demonstrates ability to manage, direct and evaluate the nursing care for a defined caseload of patients.
- Leadership and Management
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous experience of managing clinical incidents and complaints.
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
John Radcliffe Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.