Are you a Health Visitor who is a dynamic team player looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to further develop your skills? Are you passionate about making a difference and improving outcomes for children and their families? DCHS Children's Services have an exciting opportunity to offer a SCPHN Health Visitor to be a part of the Health Visiting Team based in North East Derbyshire
You will be invested in our business, creating a culture of continuous improvement, where family welfare is at the heart of all you do.
The North East Derbyshire 0-19 Team have just been awarded Gold accreditation for their work with Families and Communities.
DCHS Children's Services provide Health Visitors opportunities to further develop their career and we offer newly qualified Health Visitors excellent preceptorship, mentorship and supervision. All Health Visitors receive regular clinical, safeguarding and management supervision.
DCHS is a forward-thinking, supportive Trust, who are a baby-friendly, accredited organisation and achieved Outstanding CQC status in 2019.Main duties of the job
- As the new postholder you will deliver the Healthy Child Programme to the 0-5 population and their families. You will be required to develop therapeutic relationships with clients and work within complex family situations providing family focused evidence-based care.
- To manage a defined active caseload and take responsibility for Safeguarding Children issues within that caseload.
- You will provide services in collaboration with partner agencies, statutory organisations and the voluntary sector and identify and act on the public health needs of the 0- 5 years, working together to improve service provision and outcomes for this population group and their families.
- To prescribe according to assessed individual need from the Nurse Prescribing Formulary.
- To support and line manage the skill mix team.
- You will develop your leadership skills by undertaking mentorship responsibilities to both pre-registration and SCPHN students whilst on placement within the service and provide preceptorship to support new staff members.
Our purpose is to provide community health services to a patient population of over one million people in Derbyshire and Derby, as part of Joined Up Care Derbyshire.
We employ around 4,200 substantive staff, caring for patients in 11 community hospitals and more than 30 health centres, as well as in clinics, GP practices, schools, care homes and, increasingly, in people's own homes and via virtual consultations.
You will have access to DCHS Health and Well-Being Team who provide support withhealth, lifestyle and mental healthJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see attached Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click ON APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site, you will need to register if you do not already have an account.Person SpecificationEducation, Quals & TrainingEssential
- RN or RM
- HV Qualification - Degree, Diploma or Cert
- Nurse Prescribing
Experience and KnowledgeEssential
- Specialist Community Public Health Nurse Post registration study within the last 12 months
- Mentorship qualification
- Knowledge of national + local priorities to include the locality
- Able to evidence Health improvement initiatives/public health activites
- Working in partnership with multi-agency teams
- Experience of working with families with safeguarding concerns
Aptitude & Personal QualitiesEssential
- Experience of mentoring students in practice
Values, Drivers and MotivatorsEssential
- Adaptable to change
- Inclusive and non judgemental approach
- Empathy and understanding
- Positive role model
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Flexible to meet the needs of the service when required
- Full UK driving licence or the ability to travel between location during the working day
Derbyshire Community Health Services NHSFTAddress
Off Shiners Way, Market Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.