A Safeguarding & Public Protection lead practitioner, Band 7, Full Time permanent post within the Safeguarding and Public Protection Team.
As a Safeguarding MASH Practitioner, the post holder will have a key role in the delivery of the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub function maintaining competency as part of the wider CNTW Safeguarding and Public Protection Team. The post holder will work as part of a multi-agency integrated team, undertaking research regarding individual cases by accessing appropriate information from health agencies and primary care. The post holder will use their clinical expertise and knowledge of services to support effective triage of cases using their clinical expertise to support safeguarding case management discussions within the Adult MASH assessing risk factors and safeguarding issues for adults, helping identify those services which are best placed to support the adults and families concerned.Main duties of the job
You will require sound clinical skills in, risk assessment, risk management, formulation and supervision. Knowledge and understanding of the think family agenda and a proven track record of effective joint working with other agencies.
The successful applicant will be working within the North Tyneside MASH team, working hours are Monday - Friday 9-5.About us
We aim to attract and retain a diverse, talented and committed workforce, who are caring and compassionate, and therefore able to meet the demands of the modern NHS now and in the future. In return we can offer a dynamic working environment in which to build a career.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please find attached job description for full details.
Advertising date : 14th November 2023
Closing date : 28th November 2023
We welcome your application.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationEssential
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Relevant Professional Qualification in mental health or learning disability healthcare
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience with demonstrable evidence of extensive of post graduate training and development within specialist area of adult safeguarding to masters level or equivalent
- Evidence of continued professional development in adult protection
Skills and CompetenciesEssential
- Demonstrate significant experience of operating within clinical services across the Trust
- Advanced understanding and expert knowledge of national and local issues in relation to safeguarding adults
- Knowledge of the implications of key legislation, national frameworks and guidance
- Proven track record of Collaborative working across organisations and agencies
- Proven track record of Risk assessment and management
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Proven leadership skills
- Change management skills
- To demonstrate motivation and commitment to the safeguarding agenda
- Confidence to challenge appropriately in difficult situations
- Co-ordinate, facilitate and act as 'chair' of a wide range of internal and external multi-agency meetings and forums
- Proactive crisis management
- Time/resource management skills
- Proven communication, negotiation and problem solving skills and experience of collaborative working
CNTW NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St Nicholas Hospital
Newcastle upon Tyne
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.