An exciting opportunity has arisen for individuals with public health knowledge and experience to join the Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board Public Health Team. We are seeking highly motivated individuals with a passion for public health, holding a relevant Masters, or having equivalent experience in Public Health/Health Promotion and relevant work-based experience in a related field.Main duties of the job
The position is based in the Public Health Wales Preswylfa Office in Mold. The post-holder will be supporting work across the geographical area of Wrexham and Flintshire in addition to working regionally across North Wales on projects or programmes within the agreed annual work plan. The post-holder should be prepared to travel across the North Wales area.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this role Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
If you relish a challenge, have a passion to help others or simply fancy a fresh start, then Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) North Wales, has all the right ingredients. The largest health organisation in Wales, providing a full range of primary, community, mental health, acute and elective hospital services for a population of around 700,000, across North Wales . Join our team and get the support you need, in line with our Organisational Values and 'Proud to Lead' competence framework.
Enjoy being part of working with engaged leadership at all levels, and be assured we are committed to promoting equality and diversity, and are proud to welcome applicants under the Disability Confident Employer scheme.
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh. Applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in TracPerson SpecificationQualifications and/or KnowledgeEssential
- Masters or equivalent experience in Public Health/Health Promotion or allied discipline or equivalent professional qualification
- Evidence of continuing professional/personal development.
- Practical knowledge of public health practice, health promotion models and community development.
- Registered, or working towards registration, with the UK Public Health Register (Practitioner Registration)
- Experience in public health/health promotion.
- Experience of working across a number of organisations/sectors and/or with a number of programmes, including development, managing and evaluation of significant elements of work.
Aptitude and AbilitiesEssential
- Qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Ability to initiate and implement programmes that promote health and well-being.
- Information and knowledge management skills.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to prioritise, plan and manage workload.
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.