This is a 10 PA post within the Adult Eating Disorder Service based atUnity Mill, Belper. We have been working in a hybrid model during covid-19 pandemic with facilities for onsite and remote working.
This is a Specialty Doctor post in Adult Eating Disorders. Candidates will be registered with a licence to practice from the General Medical Council.
This position would be suitable for candidates with experience in general adult psychiatry, an interest in Eating Disorders.
Candidates with predominant General Medicine or General Practice experience would also be welcome to apply.
The post holder would work alongside and support the team's Consultant Psychiatrists and ED-Multi-Disciplinary Team.
Within this post there would be opportunity to develop skills and knowledge of psychiatric assessment and management of Eating Disorders.
This post would suit any candidate interested in further training towards Specialist Registration.Main duties of the job Key duties of the post
To work closely with the ED Consultant Psychiatrist/s and MDT with the following:
- Assess and treat patients in the community
- Review patients admitted to an acute hospital or acute psychiatric hospital
- Assess patients who may need an Eating Disorder Unit admission
- Undertake urgent and routine psychiatric assessments when necessary
- Liaise with GPs regarding a service users medical monitoring results
- Liaise with other parts of the service and GPs and non-NHS organisations wherever applicable
- Provide medical support to the MDT
- Ensure effective and timely documentation and communication of clinical decision making and management plans
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease review the Job Description and Person Specification, please click ON APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site, you will need to register if you do not already have an accountPerson SpecificationQualifications/TrainingEssential
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 32 days after 5 year's service
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBT+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- Evidence of achievement of foundation competencies in line with GMC standards
- Evidence of achievement of STI/CTI competencies in mental health speciality
- Eligible for full registration with the GMC at time of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- Participated in continuous professional development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrable skills in written and spoken English
- Relevant mental health clinical knowledge
- Experience in making clinical decisions and managing risk
- Excellent communication skills
Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.