To exercise autonomous professional responsibility for the overall management of a broad range of capital construction schemes, from feasibility through procurement to completion on site and relevant defects Schemes will typically sit in one of a number of value ranges from small works at �10k, through to projects up to �1m. The post holder may also be expected to assist Snr project management with elements of work within the hospital redevelopment master plan amounting to phases of work in excess of �100m. To assist the Head of Department with the overall Estates Capital Works programme including monitoring spend and procurement ensuring compliance with RBFT and department governance across multiple projects against key delivery targets set each financial To participate in the implementation of department procedures and systems such as PMO and Brand Manual development Where appropriate to take responsibility for managing and monitoring CDM2015 and any/all other aspects of project Health and To provide key performance indicators which demonstrate the performance of the Trusts Estates and Facilities capital programme against national and local Main duties of the job
To assist the Head of Department in effectively managing the designated investment schemes across the Trust sites, in relation to project matters and the interface between developments, operational management and the major capital investment projects. The post holder will be expected to be dealing on a day-to-day basis with appointed Architects, Quantity Surveyors, Mechanical and Electrical Consultants, Structural and Civil Engineers, Principal Contractors, Sub Contractors, and Specialist Contractors.
Ensure, that all minor building and engineering projects are procured, designed, and managed to comply with all Trust governance, Standing Orders, relevant Health and Safety Guidelines, other statutes, acts, Institute guidelines, industry legislation and NHS guidance information.
Liaise with client groups to develop briefs and submissions using experienced interpersonal communicative skills, to formulate specific requirements, appropriate designs, and specifications.
Evaluate pre and post tender documentation using analytical specialist knowledge and criteria to interpret project submission in accordance with Trust procedures. Maintain historic information data base to evaluate and maintain an appropriate approved list of specialists, and non - specialist contractors.About usTRUST VALUES
Our values help us in what we do and how we do it. It is important that you understand and use these values throughout your employment with the Trust to define and develop our culture.
The post holder will be:
- Compassionate: All our relationships are based on empathy, respect, integrity and dignity. In every interaction and communication, we treat colleagues, patients and families with care and
- Aspirational: We strive to continuously improve, to be the very best that we can be - as individuals and as an
- Resourceful: Living within our Responding to the challenges of today and tomorrow in effective, efficient, innovative and optimistic ways.
- Excellent: We commit to excellence in everything that we do - placing patient safety and
quality at our heart. We learn from mistakes and we do what we say we are going to do and hold ourselves and others to account for adhering to our values and the behaviors we expect. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
This job description is designed to assist post holders with understanding what is expected of them in their role. Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust may ask them to undertake other duties, as required, which are not necessarily specified on the job description but which are commensurate with the grade of the post.
The job description itself may be amended from time to time in consultation with the post holder, within the scope and general level of responsibility attached to the post.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To assist the Head of Department at appropriate forums, to contribute to development of the strategic direction of the Trust in relation to all aspects of capital developments to meet the needs of the population it serves.
To assist the Head of Department in providing advice to the Trust Board on all capital, construction, environmental and development matters.
To ensure that robust mechanisms are in place to regularly monitor performance against national/local targets. Financial Management
To annually assist with the delivery of a balanced Works Capital Programme.
To ensure that all designated projects are delivered on time and within budget.
To be responsible for all internal and external audit reviews relating to the building and policies and procedures within the Estates Department, including: -
- Procurement and delivery of all designated building
- Maintain compliance with the latest CDM regulations across all Trust schemes
- Utilise, develop, and manage specialist computer software to manage resources with respect to building and projects and information relevant to building systems, including Computer Aided Design, Building specifications and Management
- University Degree or Higher Level Diploma/Certificate in Constructions OR Prepared to commit to a University Degree (or equivalent) relevant construction discipline (as supported by the RBFT)
- Professional chartered membership of RICS or CIOB
- Minimum 5 yrs experience of estates/construction project management, inclusive of construction contract works and supervision of capital contracts
- Good knowledge in the procurement and management, of capital construction schemes from inception to completion. Good professional understanding of industry legislative compliance standards, such as Building regulations, LA Planning and H& S related regulation such as CDM2015
- Professional chartered membership of RICS or CIOB
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience working in an NHS environment, working to HBN and HTM guidance. P22 experience. Public sector construction framework experience
Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.