An exciting opportunity has become available to join the Endoscopy team at Weston General Hospital. We provide inpatient, day case and emergency endoscopy services.
The role will include:
Main duties of the job
- Responsible for assessment, implementation and evaluation of all programmes of care within the department with or without minimal supervision.
- Once appropriately trained the post holder will assist the Endoscopist with procedures and manipulation of intricate equipment.
- Expectation of supervising and assisting with the training and development of junior staff and students.
- Support an environment that promotes excellence in nursing practice and associated patient experience standards.
- The post holder will be required to participate in a 24/7 on call rota.
- To organise and prioritise care in conjunction with the multidisciplinary team delivering a high level of care in all areas of the Endoscopy department.
- Act as a professional role model / team leader setting standards of practice promoting clinical effectiveness and opportunities for teaching others as part of the 24 hour service, in line with the NMC code of professional conduct and trust values.
- To take charge of the clinical area and lead a team for a span of duty.
- Work in all areas of the unit including admission, endoscopy rooms, recovery and decontamination. Including going off the unit within the trust to support and perform endoscopic procedures.
- Be part of the urgent / emergency 24 hour, 7 days a week endoscopy nurse on call rota.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with other members of the multidisciplinary team, patients and relatives to ensure a collaborative approach to care within the hospital setting.
- Demonstrate a mature and sensitive manner when faced with anxious or distressed patients and relatives.
- Act as a clinical expert providing specialist knowledge and advice to both nurses and junior medical staff working in the unit. Act as a resource to other areas within the trust as required.
- Work towards safe and timely discharge plans and ensure barriers to discharge are identified and acted on in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Actively participate in pre -assessing endoscopy patients in a timely and appropriate manner.
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as 'Good' overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds city living within a stone's throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we're meeting our pledge.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a more detailed job description and main responsibilities, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- RGN 1st level nurse
- Current NMC Registration
- Qualification in Teaching , assessing and mentoring
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Evidence of recent relevant continuous professional development
- Experience of teaching /mentoring/support of staff
- Knowledge and experience of clinical nursing practice within a hospital environment within the last 2 years
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Endoscopy Experience
- Experience of taking charge of a clinical setting on a regular basis
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work with minimal / without supervision
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Evidence of good knowledge of professional responsibility and limitations of the role
- Ability to identify problems and act appropriately to maintain an efficient service
- Act in a professional manner
- Clinical Decision making skills
- Ability to use PC
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW)Address
Weston General Hospital
Grange Road ,Uphill
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.