At East Cheshire NHS Trust, we recognise the importance of a healthy work-life balance in sustaining happy and healthy colleagues. We are open and committed to supporting flexible working, have a varied Health and Wellbeing offer and are driven in supporting staff in both their personal and professional development.
We recognise the importance of working collaboratively with our staff and our community ensuring high quality patient-centered care is at the heart of all we do, and our local population receives the best care in the right place.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a band 7 dietitian to join our acute team at East Cheshire NHS Trust on a permanent contract. Part time, flexible working, and job share applicants are very welcome to apply.
We would love to hear from you if you are looking for an innovative and supportive team to gain experience and progress your career with. This post is band 7 Hours per week: 26.25Main duties of the job
To act as an advanced clinical specialist responsible for the triage, assessment and treatment of acute patients referred to the dietetics service.
To carry a specialist caseload specific to Gastroenterology and Respiratory as well as the treatment of complex patients across the acute and outpatient setting.
To work as part of the wider multi-disciplinary team, to access and act upon relevant diagnostic tests and make relevant onward recommendations as necessary.
To act as the lead clinician within the defined acute specialist area, supporting the Nutrition and Dietetic Team Manager and Operations Manager with the operational delivery and service development of acute dietetic services (inpatient and outpatient) within East Cheshire NHS Trust.
To act as an advanced clinical specialist providing clinical line management and supervision, for more junior staff within the acute setting for nutrition & dietetics services.About us
Whether you are just starting out in your career or are looking to use your skills and experience in a new role, East Cheshire NHS Trust is the right employer for you. An organisation with a real sense of community we actively support and develop our staff to ensure our patients receive the best quality care, delivering the right care first time, every time.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course our patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not a condition of employment, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. We will be checking the vaccination status of all new starters as part of ongoing monitoring.
Please be aware that this post requires an Enhanced with Barred list Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which is payable by the successful candidate. If you have lived or worked abroad for 6 months or more in the last 5 years you will need to obtain an overseas police clearance. Further information can be found on the additional information links at the bottom of the advert.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please read the attached Applicant Pack prior to completing your application form to find out more information.
Please download a copy of the Job Description and Person Specification located under the Supporting documents heading to read more about the advertised role.
As part of making your application we encourage you to review the Trusts Careers webpage www.careersateastcheshire.nhs.uk for more information about working for East Cheshire NHS Trust.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications irrespective of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race or religion. The Trust is a Disability Confident Leader and as such, applicants with disabilities will be offered an interview providing they meet the minimum criteria for the post (outlined in the Person Specification).
Applicants are advised to apply early as we reserve the right to close the advert prior to the advertised closing date should we receive a large number of applications.
We look forward to receiving your application.Person SpecificationQuallificationsEssential
- HCPC registration
- Relevant professional degree /diploma
- Masters level / post graduate courses relevant to the specialist area
- Clinical Educator training
- Membership of a relevant professional body & related specialist sub-groups
Specific Job RequirementEssential
- Communication skills training
Other Role RequirementsEssential
- Prior experience working in the NHS - with a broad range of NHS dietetics specialisms
- Proven ability to manage complex patient issues including Gastroenterology and ensure safe and timely discharge of patients
- Commitment to specialism as evidenced by CPD and attendance at special interest groups.
- Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for further details.
- Proven post registration experience, in the relevant specialism
- Experience of planning and completing audit & research
- Experience of teaching and mentoring of staff.
- Experience of undertaking projects
- Post registration knowledge which is relevant to the specialist area
- In-depth knowledge of recent NHS legislation, recommendations for specialist area.
- Detailed awareness of the national and local priorities and changing trends in the specialist area
- Ability to lead junior colleagues
- Highly advanced communication and listening skills
- Ability to make appropriate decisions at all levels
- Audit skills
- Ability to prioritise workload, achieving a balance between clinical and other aspects of role
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proactive, takes own initiative
- Supportive team member
- Critical appraisal
- Presentation skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to meet travel requirements
East Cheshire NHS TrustAddress
Victoria Road, Macclesfield
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.