An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and highly motivated manager to lead this practice managed by the Health Board. With a patient list of around 5,500, we need a people-oriented candidate who can provide solid leadership with a sound knowledge of HR, practice management, business management and finance. You need to have five years of demonstrable management experience with a high level of competence in office IT, effective communication and networking skills at all levels. Working with the management and clinical leadership teams of the Health Board and supported by an excellent administrative team, you will also have the vision, willingness and drive to adapt to NHS objectives and changes. The ability to speak Welsh is desirable, but opportunities are available to learn.Main duties of the job
Day to day leadership and management of a busy and thriving Primary Care Centre which includes - Financial management Human resources Strategic management and planning Patient services Information Management and technology Preparing and readiness for regulatory audits such as HIW Communication and engagementAbout us
If you relish a challenge, have a passion to help others or simply fancy a fresh start, then Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) North Wales, has all the right ingredients. The largest health organisation in Wales, providing a full range of primary, community, mental health, acute and elective hospital services for a population of around 700,000, across North Wales . Join our team and get the support you need, in line with our Organisational Values and 'Proud to Lead' competence framework.
Enjoy being part of working with engaged leadership at all levels, and be assured we are committed to promoting equality and diversity, and are proud to welcome applicants under the Disability Confident Employer scheme.
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh. Applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in TracPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Master's degree, or equivalent highly developed experience in a health related subject or working towards with completion within 3 years
- Evidence of Continual Professional Development
- Project Management Qualification/ level of work experience and knowledge
- Change management qualification/level of work experience and knowledge.
- Knowledge of service delivery across a range of clinical specialities including acute, primary care, community, mental health, paediatrics, dental and pharmacy.
- Understanding of clinical governance, evidence based practice, NICE guidelines
- Ability to implement principles of audit to effect change.
- Significant relevant health service management experience working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Evidence of experience / ability to implement and manage change in a multi-disciplinary environment and the impact across other areas
- Evidence of collaborative working to improve service performance.
- Ability to provide examples of real progress against key objectives in the development and delivery of services
- Experience of Financial and HR management in a complex organisation
- Experience in managing human resource issues and conflict resolution
- Experience in preparing, producing and negotiating complex business and service development plans.
- Experience of management in GMS practice.
- Experience with patient and public involvement.
- Participation in national forums.
- Experience of partnership working with agencies from the health and social care spectrum
- Ability to work autonomously with no close supervision
- Ability to deliver performance requirements within set deadlines
- Ability to lead a wide variety of unrelated projects and issues on a daily basis
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions.
- Ability to lead, motivate and inspire
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Ability to initiate/respond/influence positive change
- Ability to manage highly complex and contentious issues
- Able to analyse, interpret and communicate complex information in a way others can understand
- Able to effectively contribute to a team, demonstrate understanding of multi-disciplinary team working at a senior level.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to speak Welsh
- Teaching/mentoring skills
- Demonstrates strategic awareness.
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardAddress
Tywyn Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.