An opportunity has for a Mental Health Practitioner to join us on our HBPOS team which is on theUrgent Care pathway
based at Dane Garth, Barrow in Furness. Applications are invited from Registered Nurse Mental Health.
The Health based place of safety (136 suite) is situated at Dane Garth. This role plays a crucial role in supporting individuals in a crisis on the Urgent Care pathway.
The purpose of the Section 136 Suite is to provide an in-depth assessment within a 24 hour period. This is a nurse led service and you will be working within a multidisciplinary team to carry out a diverse range of duties. The highly cohesive team work very closely to support each other and there is a clear focus on support and professional development of our nurses.Main duties of the job
You will be instrumental in delivering duties that are aimed at promoting a timely assessment of needs and recovery from mental illness. The role will include accepting members of the public detained under Section 136 of the Mental Health Act, co-ordinate assessments, undertake assessments and complete the clinical paperwork.
There will be opportunity for you to work alongside and develop skills within the Home Treatment Team, Frequent Attenders team and the Mental Health Liaison Team (MHLT) to further enhance your development and to provide a whole team approach in our locality.
It goes without saying that you will need to possess excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to carry out comprehensive assessments, be able to demonstrate sound leadership skills and staff development skills. A strong commitment to your ongoing professional education and development is essential.About us
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached job description and person specification for more information about this role.Person SpecificationEducation/ QualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse Mental Health with experience since qualifying
- On-going registration with appropriate Professional Body.
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development that supports clinical practice
- Can demonstrate an understanding and knowledge base of mental health conditions and their treatments.
- Can demonstrate a working knowledge of physical health conditions and the complications that this can cause to patients experiencing mental ill health.
Skills and abilitiesEssential
- Post Graduate experience.
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team structure.
- Experience of assessing, planning, implementing and reviewing care needs.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent communication, listening, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Developed clinical skills with a clear ability to understand new concepts and ideas in clinical practice.
- Can demonstrate the ability to manage change and have an understanding and awareness of the NHS Plan.
- An ability to understand how research and audits effect and benefit inpatient clinical practice.
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Barrow - 136 Suite
Barrow in Furness
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.