We have an exciting opportunity to recruit a new permanent Specialist Mental Health Practitioner post working in the Blandford Group Practice through the Additional Roles Reimbursement Scheme (ARRS). Successful candidates must be experienced mental health practitioners and have experience of working in a Primary Care and/or Community Mental Health Team setting.
This is an exciting role for someone who is proactive and passionate about innovation and providing high-quality care to people who have been identified as in need of mental health support in a primary care setting. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to develop their career and skill set in a highly innovative and creative environment.
The practitioner will access and link with secondary mental health services and help provide a bridge between primary care and secondary mental health providers. This will make it easier for people accessing services to obtain the help they need.
The practitioner will be embedded as part of the Blandford Group Practice and work alongside the multi-disciplinary team, they will also be closely linked to the Community Mental Health Team and Steps to Wellbeing Service (STEPS). The Practitioner will provide triage, assessment, brief interventions and lead on development and implementation of specialist mental health training in the practice.Main duties of the job
Work collaboratively with practices within identified network to agree priorities for each local population.
Take a person-centred care approach to enablecollective decision-making with patients proactively and effectively engage with PCN MDT meetings to provide clinical updates.
Work closely and creatively with colleagues in Community Mental Health Teams to determine themost appropriate service for a patient whose needs exceed those which can be met in a primary care setting.
Work closely with local Community Mental Health Teams by attending Team meetings, jointly meeting patients and generally integrating with the team to help form a seamless care pathway for patients.
Use complex decision-making to inform, formulate plans and manage episodes of care within a broadscope of practice.
Assess and triage patients, including same-day triage, make necessary referrals to other members of the primary care team.
Manage undifferentiated diagnosed conditions,identify red flags and underlying serious pathology and take appropriate action.
To be responsible for organising and prioritising own workload in the day to day allocation of work.About us
At Dorset HealthCare we're on a mission to empower people to make the most of their lives through our outstanding, joined-up healthcare services. We're a dynamic, forward-looking Trust, running 12 community hospitals, specialist inpatient facilities and a wide range of integrated community and mental health services for a population of almost 800,000 people.
We do things differently here - it's one of the reasons the CQC rated us 'outstanding' in 2019. It's also why 95% of patients across our services say they have a good or very good experience of our services and 89% of staff feel they can really make a difference. Whether you're looking to work with us in one of our bustling market towns, vibrant urban locations, thriving seaside spots, or among the rolling hills of Dorset, there are lots of ways you can make a difference in our communities.
Our 7,000-strong workforce is at the heart of what we do and our success is a testament to our brilliant people. We're all about building a workplace for the future, we believe in equal opportunities and we celebrate diversity. We're an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be authentic, and we are all encouraged to be the best version of ourselves.
Working with us you'll be part of a strong team, challenge yourself, build a career, and teach us what we don't know. And you'll be working towards our vision to be better every day through excellence, compassion and expertise in all we do.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For the main duties and responsibilities for this role please read the attached job description and person specification. When completing your application please ensure your supporting statement reflects the criteria set out in these documents by showing how your experience and skills apply to this post.
Dorset HealthCare is in partnership with The Princes Trust to support people getting into work, as part of this partnership, we offer an employability service to support individuals between 16-30 years old with application writing, interview skills and other employment support. Please contact email@example.com to access the support.Person SpecificationKnowledge, skills, trainingEssential
- Registered RMN, OT, Social Work or Psychologist qualification and registration to degree/diploma level plus masters degree level or equivalent experience.
- Membership of the relevant Professional Body
- Experience of teaching and assessing students and other members of staff
- Evidence of recent professional development in an up to date portfolio
- Demonstrable knowledge of legislation relevant to area of clinical practice
Job Specific ExperienceEssential
- Non-Medical Prescriber (if professionally appropriate)
- Experience at Registered Practitioner Band 6 level or above
- Able to demonstrate specialist expertise and knowledge underpinned by theory acquired through CPD in relation to clinical assessment, treatment and evaluation.
- Evidence of risk management skills and experience.
- Evidence of involvement in meeting relevant clinical governance objectives
- Experience of developing specialist programmes of care for an individual or groups of patients/clients and of providing highly specialist advice
- Evidence of involvement in the development of programmes of care, protocols and audit.
- Experience of multi-disciplinary working.
- Experience of using electronic patient records and other computer systems
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of proactive involvement in the supervision and development of members of the multi-disciplinary team.
Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Blandford Group Practice
Whitecliff Mill Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.