A developmental career opportunity has arisen for a enthusiastic and motivated Registered Health Care Professional to join the Specialist Community Eating Disorder Service.
The STEPs team is a welcoming and compassionate team which has won the 2018 AWP trust service users and Carer's award.Main duties of the job
To work with the Specialist Eating Disorder Team.
To carry a clinical caseload as agreed within the operational policy of the team and work within a service level agreement.
To provide NICE recommended therapies alongside generic Care Coordination Duties.
To provide specialist advice, consultation and liaison where appropriate.
Please see attached job description for further details.About us
We are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust)a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care. We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B& NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire and in parts of Dorset. Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care.
At AWP we actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds we are particularly keen to encourage applications from people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, those with disabilities and from the LGBTQ+ community. We want people to bring their unique blend of experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and knowledge to AWP, as diversity makes us stronger.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Act as an autonomous practitioner within the Eating Disorder Service with responsibility for a clinical caseload using the Care Programme Approach that includes some of the Services, more complex Service Users.
Accept and assess patients referred to the service
Provide excellent supervision and support to the junior members of the Service.
Participate in the monitoring of standards and outcomes within the Service
Advise Trust clinical staff, Primary care staff and staff of voluntary agencies on clinical practices that are considered to be the most effective for Eating Disorders
Attend multi-disciplinary team meetings where appropriate.
Act as a resource person and give advice to the generic general adult psychiatric services regarding ED interventions and services.
Be responsible for developing packages of care to meet highly specialised needs of the client group.
Have an excellent working knowledge of medical implications of eating disorders ensuring good medical monitoring and interpretation of results.
Possess an excellent knowledge of Psychiatric medications.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Appropriate health/social care professional qualification and registration
- Completed training in psychological interventions
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Eating disorders qualification
- Post registration experience in providing psychological interventions to individuals
- Experience of liaison with consultant psychiatrists, GP's and other professionals
- Knowledge and understanding of NICS guidance for eating disorders
- Up to date knowledge of the Mental Health Act 1983 & Mental Capacity Act 2006
- Understanding of service participation/involvement
- Up to date working knowledge of current developments in the eating disorders field
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Experience working with eating disordered individuals
- Experience of managing/coordinating staff
- Experience of providing clinical supervision to staff
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to develop and deliver therapeutically effective relationships with service users and carers
- Up to date working communication, presentation, interpersonal and liaison skills
- IT literacy, including word processing, email and preparing presentations
Avon & Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS TrustAddress
Blackberry Hill Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.