This is a suitable position for an experienced band 5 looking for a Band 6 post or for an existing Band 6 Physio who wants a new challenge in cardiac rehabilitation. The position is available as a 12 month fixed term contract for external candidates or a 12 month secondment opportunity for internal candidates. Don't forget - internal candidates must have permission from their current line manager to apply.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Inpatient Therapy Team at Bolton NHS Foundation Trust as a Band 6 Physiotherapist supporting Cardiac rehab within the team.
The successful applicant will be a vital part of the Cardiology MDT in the delivery of Cardiac rehab for both inpatients and outpatients.Main duties of the job
- To work as an autonomous practitioner as part of the Inpatient Therapy Team supported by highly specialist therapists
- To work across different locations in the hospital and community including hospital wards, patient's own homes, outpatient clinics and group settings
- To perform therapeutic assessment of cardiac patients who present with diverse and complex chronic physical and psychological problems
- To provide a diagnosis and develop and deliver individualised treatment programmes of cardiac rehab
- To deliver programmes of care, using evidence based, client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions
You must be committed to our Trust Values:
The post offers the opportunity to develop within a supportive multidisciplinary team.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The job description and person specification attached to this job vacancy outline the main responsibilities of the role. In essence, the job concerns the delivery of Cardiac Rehabilitation to individuals and groups in a variety of locations.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Diploma/Degree in Physiotherapy
- Evidence of post graduate training in Cardiac Physiotherapy
- Clinical Educators/Field worker course or equivalent
- Membership of appropriate professional body
- Membership of professional special interest group
- Broad range of clinical experience prior to specialising
- Extensive experience working within the field of Cardiac Rehab
- Experience of effective team working
- Experience of student education within the workplace up to graduate level
- Participation in clinical audit
- Ability to expertly use and apply a range of assessment and treatment techniques and approaches to the management of conditions relevant to Cardiac Rehab
- Ability to communicate effectively and flexibly and to adapt communication style to the needs of patients, carers and staff
- Ability to organise, prioritise and delegate as appropriate and to manage time effectively
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Car owner/driver subject to the conditions of the DDA
- Ability to work flexible hours and out of hours.
Bolton NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Bolton Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.