Full time band 6 or 7 Specialist Speech and Language Therapist
Are you an experienced Speech and Language Therapist, highly skilled in working within the field of Paediatric Additional Learning Needs?
We have a fabulous opportunity for an enthusiastic Speech and Language Therapist to join the school team at St Christopher's Special School in Wrexham. St Christopher's School is seeking to recruit a full-time, band 7 Speech and Language Therapist but would consider a band 6 who we would support to reach band 7 with our in house framework. The successful applicant will provide support within the setting, over and above what is offered by our core service.Main duties of the job
You will be working closely with teaching and support staff, and members of the wider health and education teams, to address the communication needs of the students at an individual and environmental level. The role will involve both formal training and ad-hoc support, including support around writing aspects of IDPs. You will demonstrate leadership for the school in this area. You will be based in the school while working closely with core SLT services to ensure an effective use of resources and a seamless service.
St Christopher's School is situated in central Wrexham. It is a Special school for pupils aged 6 - 19 with moderate to severe learning difficulties, social, emotional, and behavioural needs.
The role will involve training, assessment, production of relevant documentation, target setting, and set up and review of communication programmes within the school setting. It will include direct work with groups and individuals, and you will also be offering support in the wider classroom setting. Multi- disciplinary working will be integral to the role.
We are passionate about providing an excellent clinical service, with therapists who care about driving and providing best clinical outcomes. Supervision and support will be provided by our local friendly, experienced team.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
If you relish a challenge, have a passion to help others or simply fancy a fresh start, then Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) North Wales, has all the right ingredients. The largest health organisation in Wales, providing a full range of primary, community, mental health, acute and elective hospital services for a population of around 700,000, across North Wales . Join our team and get the support you need, in line with our Organisational Values and 'Proud to Lead' competence framework.
Enjoy being part of working with engaged leadership at all levels, and be assured we are committed to promoting equality and diversity, and are proud to welcome applicants under the Disability Confident Employer scheme.
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh. Applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in TracPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Recognised qualification degree / equivalent in S& lt HCPC registered Post graduate study relevant to clinical area at Masters level or equivalent demonstrable experience at this level Able to demonstrate continuing professional development e.g. up to date, relevant CPD portfolio. Clinical supervisory experience
- Membership of appropriate clinical network group
- Other professional or academic qualification which relates to clinical practice
- Accredited Practice Placement Educator Certificate
- Significant experience clinically in area of specialism
- Experience of clinical leadership
- Experience of delivering clinical education in area of specialty
- Experience in service development / improvement
- Experience of leading clinical audit
- Experience of delivering / supporting practice / service change
- Delivering Practice Supervision
- Contributing to Student training
- Evidence of attendance on specialist short courses and advanced training in relation to clinical specialty
- Welsh / English therapy provision
- Experience of project management
- Experience in leading service development / improvement
- Experience in research
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Meets all essential criteria as per attached job description/person specification
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardAddress
Wrexham Child Health Centre/St Christophers School
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.