Are you a Neuro Band 6 OT looking for a new challenge?orAn experienced Band 5 OT looking to develop your neuro skills?This could be the new role for you!! We are a friendly, diverse, fun and dynamic team of Neuro OT's looking for OT's who have an interest in neuro, are motivated and keen to learn, to join usMain duties of the job
As part of our ever-growing neurosciences/neurorehabilitation services we have the exciting opportunity to recruit to our Band 6 Neuro OT rotation which include the following areas:- Neurology- Neuro cardiac including CTICU- Neuro trauma- Neurosurgery including NICU- Hyper acute and Acute stroke services- Level 1 and Level 2 neurorehabilitation including the inpatient FND service.- Wandsworth Community Neuro rehabilitationWe have access to specialist equipment and some of the latest advances in highly specialist upper limb rehabilitation technology including EvolvRehab and Tyromotion. As well as strong links to specialist services including spinal services, orthotics, community services we are also co-located with St. George's London University supporting their OT programme and students on placement.We are highly committed to our staff both in their clinical and non-clinicaldevelopment. We have an established supervision and CPD programme running formal internal and external training and study days which we actively support staff to participate in. We are dedicated to evidence-based practice - reflected in our service standards, day-to-day care, service development initiatives and participation in research.We are a supportive and dynamic team where patient care, learning, development and staff wellbeing is at the heart of what we do.About us
St George's University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is a large teaching hospital and one of the largest hospitals in Europe. We are one of four Major Trauma Centre in London and are known for our excellence in stroke, neurorehabilitation and acute neurosciences services.Within the Trust, our Neuro Therapies and Occupational Therapists are highly valued, respected and form part of interdisciplinary teams who are committed to excellent patient care. Our neuro services are located across three sites: St George's Hospital in Tooting, Queen Mary's Hospital at Roehampton and the Wandsworth Community Services based at St John's Therapy Centre.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
**Please see the attached supporting job description and person specification document, which contains more information about the role and requirements. Please ensure your application refers to the job description and person specification**Person SpecificationOtherEssential
Desirable Qualifications and TrainingEssential
- oBAOT membership
- oMember of SSNP
- oDiploma / Degree in Occupational Therapy
- oHCPC Registration
- oEvidence of Continued Professional Development including evidence of reflective practice.
- oFieldwork Educators Course
- oAttendance at recent post graduate courses relevant to the clinical field of neurology.
- oDemonstrate previous timeframe of NHS experience either as a qualified Occupational Therapist (substantive or locum) or as an undergraduate Occupational Therapy Student.
- oDemonstrate timeframe of post registration experience including experience in Neurology (stroke/TBI)
- oDemonstrate a timeframe of post-qualification experience in a Neurorehabilitation setting
- oWorking as part of a MDT
- oAbility to form a sound prognosis and advise other members of the MDT
- oDemonstrate a timeframe of post-qualification experience in a Neurorehab setting
- oPrevious experience at band 6 level
- oStaff/student supervision/IPR
- oTeaching experience in in-service programs
- oInvolvement in Clinical audit
- oExperience of the research process
- oIs up to date with professional practice and new research
- oGood assessment skills based on a sound clinical reasoning approach
- oUnderstanding of the principles of normal movement and the impact of cognition and perception on function.
- oHave an understanding of setting, monitoring and evaluation of short and long term goals
- oAbility to work under pressure / accept responsibility
- oGood team player
- oFlexible working approach
- oGood time management skills
- oApplication of a variety of treatment techniques
- oUse of standardised assessments
- oCompetent IT skills
- oPresentation/teaching skills
- oClinical audit
- oSupervision of students and support staff
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oKnowledge of current OT and Government initiatives.
- oUnderstand the legal responsibilities of the working as a healthcare professional
- oUnderstanding of Quality and Audit initiatives, including Clinical Governance
- oAble to work within Trust's policies of data protection, equal opportunities and Health and Safety to meet the needs of the patients
St George's Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St John's Therapy Centre
162 St John's Hill
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.