Are you a student nurse about to qualify or a paediatric nurse with a passion for delivering excellent care within a nurse led unit? Do you have a desire to gain knowledge and competence within forward thinking and dynamic paediatric hospital services?
We are looking for outstanding individuals who embody our Trust Values of being caring, fair and open, to join our exceptional team. If you are have excellent communication skills and the ability to use your initiative and are keen to work and collaborate to deliver high quality and responsive paediatric nursing care within a very diverse and busy paediatric service, we welcome you to apply.
For further information or to arrange an informal visit please contact Ludmilla Sawyer, Matron, on 0208 887 3099 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.Main duties of the job
To work as a skilled member of the nursing team, to assist in the provision of high standards of holistic family centered care to children and families
To assist in the creation of a welcoming, caring and safe environment for the children and families To communicate effectively with the multi- disciplinary team.
Accept delegated responsibility for specific activities/areas from the senior nurse in charge
Work in line with Trust policies, protocols, objectives, and local guidelines, whilst also being aware of the importance of their role in supporting members of the team, always adhering to the Trust values, and practicing in line with NMC regulations.
Work in line with Trust policies, protocols, objectives, and local guidelines, whilst also being aware of the importance of their role in supporting members of the team, always adhering to the Trust values, and practicing in line with NMC regulations.About us
Our Ocean Day Unit is a 5 bedded unit which provides treatment and care to patients from multiple specialities, including Haematological, Endocrine, Allergy, Oncology, Rheumatology, and many more. Children attend the unit for procedures, treatments, and diagnostic scans.
COPD runs in conjunction with Ocean Day Unit. It caters for all disciplines within the paediatric service and offers opportunities to work alongside teams providing a truly multi-disciplinary approach to health care, including nurse-led clinics.
Ocean Day Unit has close relationships with PAU a 15 bedded paediatric assessment unit, Paediatric A& E department which provides family-centred care for babies and children from a diverse local community presenting with minor and major illnesses and Rainbow ward which is an acute general paediatric ward comprising of 18 beds it takes a variety of admissions ranging from surgical, orthopedic, oncology, haematology and various other conditions for children and young people aged 0-16 years old, up to 18 years for some specialties.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description and main responsibilities. If you have any questions or would like to visit our unit please contact me.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- oRSCN/RN Child Branch. (NMC Register)
Skills and attributesEssential
- oEvidence of having attained a degree in field of nursing or working towards this.
- oAssessing and mentoring qualification.
- Ability to plan care for a group of patients
- Good written and verbal skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Committed to family centred care
- oExperience of having worked with acute/chronically ill children.
- oBroad experience of clinical paediatric nursing practice within a hospital environment.
- oPrior experience of taking charge.
- oDemonstrable ability to meet Trust values.
- oThe ability to work well within a team.
- oAbility to self-reflect, carry out tasks of own job and identify what one needs to learn to be able to improve their current job performance.
- oAbility to take an active role in agreed learning activities and keeps a record of them.
- oAbility to offer constructive suggestions for service improvement.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oGood understanding and knowledge of Paediatrics.
- oAwareness of professional issues.
- oUnderstanding of nursing practice and innovations.
- oKnowledge of team nursing.
- oKnowledge of the ward's specialties.
- oAwareness of equality, diversity, and inclusion.
- oBasic IT Skills.
North Middlesex University Hospital NHS TrustAddress
North Middlesex University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.