The post holder will work in conjunction with the Service Management team to deliver an effective Emergency department service. The post holder will be responsible for supporting the management of key trust targets including the emergency department four hour performance target and subsequent KPIs including ambulance turnaround times. They will provide daily performance report to inform clinical teams and wider hospital team on ED metrics delivery. The post holder will also be expected to deputise for the Senior Service Manager and will work with and support all staff in the department as part of the multidisciplinary team.
The post holder will provide coordination of complaint responses for the emergency department. . The post holder will maintain a complaints' action log and provide a quarterly report to clinical governance outlining the key themes and learning from recent complaints.
The post-holder will take a lead in conjunction with the Service manager and lead clinicians in the issues pertaining to medical staffing, key responsibilities will includeo Managing rotas, of the junior doctors.o Advising Divisional Managers and lead clinicians on rota issues and HR issueso Ensuring that sickness, annual leave and study leave are recorded on all necessary systemso The devising of action plans to address workload issueso Ensuring compliance with the Working Time Directive requirementso Effective planning and implementation of the local induction processMain duties of the job
Support Senior Service Managers and General Manager in improving performance in key areas and achieving quality clinical services in line with the Trust's service strategy.
- Resolve day-to-day performance management issues to improve flow across the department and take part in the bronze rota
- To ensure that national data set requirements and submissions are met within the defined time period
- Ensure effective processes and procedures are in place to monitor and track performance within the service against the trust contract
- Manage the analysis of data so that the operational management team have access to timely and accurate information on all key performance indicators.
- To support the management of performance scorecards
- Ensure ambulance turnaround times are validated and managed in accordance with national guidance and local targets are met
- Coordinate MDT discussion to investigate and respond to complaints.
- Provide daily performance report on the 4 hour constitutional standard
- Support the senior service manager in submission of daily mental health return.
- Complete 12 hour breach report when required.
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK's largest and busiest teaching Trusts with a turnover of c�1 billion, 1.5 million patient contacts a year and more than 15,000 staff based across South East London. The Trust provides a full range of local and specialist services across its five sites. The trust-wide strategy of Strong Roots, Global Reach is our Vision to be BOLD, Brilliant people, Outstanding care, Leaders in Research, Innovation and Education, Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at the heart of everything we do. By being person-centred, digitally-enabled, and focused on sustainability, we aim to take Team King's to another level.
We are at a pivotal point in our history and we require individuals who are ready to join a highly professional team and make a real, lasting difference to our patients and our people.
King's is committed to delivering Sustainable Healthcare for All via our Green Plan. In line with national Greener NHS ambitions, we have set net zero carbon targets of 2040 for our NHS Carbon Footprint and 2045 for our NHS Carbon Footprint Plus. Everyone's contribution is required in order to meet the goals set out in our Green Plan and we encourage all staff to work responsibly, minimising their contributions to the Trust's carbon emissions, waste and pollution wherever possible. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will work in conjunction with the Senior Service Management team to deliver an effective Emergency department service. The post holder will be responsible for supporting the management of key trust targets including the emergency department four hour performance target and subsequent KPIs including ambulance turnaround times. They will provide daily performance report to inform clinical teams and wider hospital team on ED metrics delivery. The post holder will also be expected to deputise for the Senior Service Manager and will work with and support all staff in the department as part of the multidisciplinary teamPerson Specificationknowledge and experienceEssential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience in a management role
- Experience of managing change in a clinical/service environment
- Experience of managing a budget and applying financial control
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Masters degree
- PRINCE 2
- Process Mapping expertise
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Princess Royal Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.